• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some stuff I made for my XJ (built thread)

bobfortier

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all

Here is a couple of pics of my built so far. The goal is 2 inch lift, 33 and TJ rear flares all around, along with other stuff, such as front Aussie, winch bumper, and other skids.

Here is the bumper drawing at first

Winchplate-1.jpg

Some parts for the bumper (it is my first welding project)

Welding3014.jpg

Mocking-up the winch placement

Bumper007.jpg

Mock-up on jeep

Winchbumper3013.jpg

Nice to see first class fab skills. They are getting rare. My only comment and in don't take it in any way as a criticiszm, I would like to have seen the winch mounted a bit higher. Here in Colorado, approach angle is an issue.

Definately a quality build you can be proud of.

Now pressure wash that undercarrige and get some rust stop on it. ;-)

Swaybar2008.jpg

I got my new winch motor

Swaybar2006.jpg

Winch installed, I got the wiring to figure out

Swaybar2009.jpg

And I relocated the vacuum bottle

Swaybar2005.jpg

I hope you like it, feel free to comment, and as soon as there is something else I'll let you know

well done,

very well done.

So that bumper was your first welding project? Looks great!

You are doing the kinda fab work I like! I enjoy building parts more than buying them myself... heck I built my CA DBs even though it would have been much easier to get some from RC, and with the labor I have in them, would have been cheaper. But, I wouldn't be able to say I made it ;)

Keep up the good work!

Back