• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got my new tires on

Trailbst

NAXJA Forum User
Photo_092906_001.jpg

Photo_092906_002.jpg

Photo_092906_003.jpg

Photo_092906_005.jpg

Photo_092906_006.jpg

They are 315/75/16 Goodyear MT/Rs I got a great deal on them. Less than a thousand miles.

Will eventually have to get a little more lift.

Erik

lookin good Erik!

i might be stoppin by the shop this week, i have a couple off questions and i have to pick up my old wheelspacers and lca that i forgot there...

u going to be there anyday? i wanna see this thing in person

Silverstreak01 said:
so what size is that.....
Trailbst said:
They are 315/75/16 Goodyear MT/Rs I got a great deal on them. Less than a thousand miles.

A 315/75/16 tire equates to about a 34.7x12.1

Great looking rig you got there Erik! Looks like you'll need alittle trimming and/or a tad bit more lift. What are your current specs?

Thanks guys!

Right now it has 4.5" RE springs in the front, and a mixed pack in the rear with lift shackles. 4.0L, AW4 and 3.55s. Rides nice on the interstate. 8 oz. of airsoft in each tire, and NO vibes, and I took it up near 80 to test it.

It is trimmed. Openings are roughly 36.5" wide. So aired down I have enough room. Will probably rub at the top though. Once I find some stock TJ rear flares, it will get opened up some more.

When you convert the metric sizing, RCman is right, but put side by side with 35x12.5x15s, they are identical, so they are big or the 35s are small. Doesn't matter, I'm happy either way.

I don't want to lift it anymore, might add a BB to give a little extra, but am trying to stay away from that. I need to do adjustable arms in the front, that will help a lot.

LilRhody, not sure on an exact day. Give me a call when you're headed there, and I'll see if I can make it over. 401-935-7302

Thanks again guys for the positive comments, makes me feel good about my decisions for mods.

Erik

Looks great!

You could get away with just relocating your flares. I liked the look of the stock flares, so I used a spare set of front flares in the back since they're larger than the stock back flares. Just swapped sides and split them so I could mount the front of them on the doors. Since I've got the same flares on both ends the wheel wells finally look even.

nhrocker said:
Looks great!

You could get away with just relocating your flares. I liked the look of the stock flares, so I used a spare set of front flares in the back since they're larger than the stock back flares. Just swapped sides and split them so I could mount the front of them on the doors. Since I've got the same flares on both ends the wheel wells finally look even.

They got moved a little, not much though, so they still look stock.

Eventually, I'd like to do TJ flares. Your idea is unique though, hadn't heard of anyone doing that.

Erik

Trailbst said:
They got moved a little, not much though, so they still look stock.

Eventually, I'd like to do TJ flares. Your idea is unique though, hadn't heard of anyone doing that.

Erik
I hadn't seen anyone else do it either, so I figured I'd give it a try. I had a spare set sitting here anyway. They fit great IMO.

By swapping sides they matched the contours of the doors, so they go all the way to the bottom of the rear doors with no gaps like there are if you just move the stock ones up. I had cut/folded as far as I felt safe going without needing to weld and the flares covered the "new" opening just like I wanted. It gained me about 4" in width (2" in front of the tire, 2" behind) and about 1.5" above the tire.

Ok, so took it to a local spot for some pics.

Here is the preface, I don't have the front driveshaft in, and I didn't air down the tires, so there is more flex to be had.

This is to check for rubbing, and it stuffed pretty well with no rubbing.

Photo_100206_001.jpg

Photo_100206_002.jpg

Photo_100206_003.jpg

Photo_100206_004.jpg

Photo_100206_005.jpg

Photo_100206_006.jpg

Photo_100206_007.jpg

Erik

nhrocker said:
Looks great!

I would like to see some pictures of your rears. I'm running 38s and my fenders are cut. I dont like the TJ, or Bushwacker look. Before I saw your post I was reluctant, but willing to try using Rustys Rear flare. Cutting it, and mounting it on the rear of the door and fender. I think your :idea: is better. Thanks in advance. Russ

Back