• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New radiator

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
So I got my new radiator and put it in. Here's what it looks like out of the box.
DSCF1048.jpg

DSCF1047.jpg

DSCF1046.jpg

It is of excellent quality (especially compared to those chinese made radiators I got before) and is a direct replacement except for the tranny cooler fittings, which are smaller than stock. You get one fitting with the radiator so I was short one at first but an e-mail to the company got one in my mailbox in 2 days. These folks have outstanding customer service, and They Speak English!! This unit comes with 3 fans and an adjustable controller.
The radiator with the fans installed.
DSCF1050.jpg

The controller
DSCF1051.jpg

This thing has a billet filler neck on it.

DSCF1052.jpg

The installed setup.
DSCF1056.jpg

DSCF1054.jpg

DSCF1055.jpg

I took it out after it was installed and ran it repeatedly through wet soft sand in high range and it did not overheat like it did with the other radiator. It got hot but cooled down in seconds. I must say that for the money you can't get a better cooling setup for the cherokee. The name of the company is Fluid Flow Dynamics.

Very nice. Just tried to do a search for Fluid Flow Dynamics, and got nothing.

Thanks. Not a bad price.

I was thinking this critter would cost near $700 (about what I paid for the one in my dune buggie) but at just under $450 that is a bargain.
I could have saved $250.
:doh:

hmmmm... I need to upgrade my radiator too....

Troy I might be willing to hook you up with a 2 speed Taurus fan that I took out of my junk. Lemme know if you're interested.
yes sir, i am interested, when i finish my cage tomorrow i will start moving the radiator to the rear, i plan on running two fans, the BMW fan and then the Taurus fan as the second

Damn dude, that thing looks awesome.

that looks sweet!
definitely gonna have to get one of those some day down the road
a very long time down the road...
ha ha

So is the ffd setup 3 10" fans? So my question really is do 3 10" fans fit on the xj rad and is 3300cfm enough to cool our pigs in hard use?

Back