• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

betsy once was a little cow (build w/ pics)

mscans

NAXJA Forum User
Picture111-1.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture112-1.jpg

not picture, but have now:

63" chevy springs for rear w/ shackles and frame mounts
ford 9 inch spring perches

not pictured, will be here in 6 days:

dana 44 spool.
5.13 w/ master install

ford 9" spool.
5.13 w/ master install

need:

7 leaf waggy springs
RE1801
creepy crawler joints

Holy cow!

:eek: WOW. . . what size boggers are those? They look a hell of alot bigger than my 35's. . . Do you have any info on how you did the rear tub? I'll looking at doing the same thing soon.

:eek: WOW. . . what size boggers are those? They look a hell of alot bigger than my 35's. . . Do you have any info on how you did the rear tub? I'll looking at doing the same thing soon.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=959823

this is the thread for the sides, i wish i had some better pics for you, i didn't have my good camera when i did the sides.

they are 38.5x15x15 cut boggers, all the small lugs are cut off.

a little bigger than 35's : )

the front axle is 30 spline, the rear is 31 spline, i hope to be fine with the axle strength, and if not, i'll just get me some alloys.

not only are you running boggers, on a dana 44, and not only are you running 38s on a dana 44, and not only did you spool the dana 44, but you also cut the boggers. cut your losses on the 44, build a 60, and the rear 9 inch is going to need a lot more then stock 31 spline shafts for that

my set up honestly for my 44 is going to be the exact same. but because im not running boggers i feel it will be ok for the most part. and i might need to step up to alloys.

in your case. theres no shaft/u-joint combo in the world thats going to work if you really want to get on it

That thing is hideous whats with that rear bumper? Will look a lot better on 38's though! :D

not only are you running boggers, on a dana 44, and not only are you running 38s on a dana 44, and not only did you spool the dana 44, but you also cut the boggers. cut your losses on the 44, build a 60, and the rear 9 inch is going to need a lot more then stock 31 spline shafts for that

my set up honestly for my 44 is going to be the exact same. but because im not running boggers i feel it will be ok for the most part. and i might need to step up to alloys.

in your case. theres no shaft/u-joint combo in the world thats going to work if you really want to get on it

let me know when you actually build yours. and let me know how it turns out.

if you see my location, maybe it'll make more sense.

lots of guys here running 40" boggers/ground hawgs on welded stock 10 bolt/12 bolt with 383/454 power, and they dont go easy on the gas either, pretty minimal carnage out at mudfest.

there is a dude in our jeep club on 1/2 ton chevy with a built 360 on 40" hawg/tsl and i dont think he's ever broke it.

i guess what i'm trying to say is, run what you got man, i came across these axles at the junkyard, i came across these tires, as they are, for a good deal, so it's kinda just coming together like that.

if i had found 1 tons under a 1978 ford with some 39" TSL's on it and nice leaf spring perches, well, i'd play the lottery too.

Last edited:
Looks like a fun cheap project! :D

looks like a dodge 44 front?

it's going to be a bear to turn with a spool and no locking hubs. any plans for hydro assist?

still under 3 grand in this thing

yes it's a dodge front, with CAD, and unitbearings. so no need for hubs, and i have a np242, so it will differentiate in 4wd if i need to do some tight trail area.

however, if you've ever been out with me, i generally run the trees over, and dont stay on the trail too often.

we'll see about hydro assist once i have it all together, i have a 4wd durango box, e350 power steering pump and 1 ton brake booster/master. soo hopefully that'll be good for what the plan is, we'll see.

so, today i drilled out the holes for my 3x3x3/16 "Frame" build

got a 6 dollar bit from harbor frieght to make 3/4 inch holes

Picture001-1.jpg
mocked it up.

Picture002-1.jpg

and got to work

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

tried to make some spring perches, my hole saw that i got from haborfrieght really let me down. didn't cut anything, my steel is stronger than the tool aparently.

so, i got this far, it's laid out, i know a guy around here with a waterjet, i wonder what he'd charge me to cut the lines out

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture010-2.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

Back