• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny mount w/ 1" drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
Alright... let's give this a shot. Unfortunately, this probably isn't something that many people could manufacture, but you never know...

What do you guys think about a direct replacement for the OEM tranny mount that has an inch or so of drop built into it. There seems to be plenty of rubber to eliminate. Wouldn't this be a lot better alternative to dropping the whole cross member an inch?

Billy

how about one that drops the mounting point for the crossmember to accomidate for us 241 guys who need the clearence for the bigger t case?

So... a cross member with a 1" drop built in at the tranny mount, but not at the frame rails? If that's what you mean, I believe Rusty's already makes it.

I didn't realize that the 242 needed a different mount... I don't remember being asked what t-case I had when I got a new mount :confused:

Billy

So... a cross member with a 1" drop built in at the tranny mount, but not at the frame rails? If that's what you mean, I believe Rusty's already makes it.

I didn't realize that the 242 needed a different mount... I don't remember being asked what t-case I had when I got a new mount :confused:

Billy

the NV241 rock-trac needs a different mount, because the tranny mount itself does not clear the larger t case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back