• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

reason for selling...

rredalty

NAXJA Forum User
Time to breathe new life into a long time love of mine. I have had this thing for 4+ years now and all it does is sit in the yard with a dead Optima until I decide to jump it off every 6 months or so. I have my spurts that I want to work on it and then after a few days, I throw it back in it's hole. Time to give it a seroius face lift and breathe new life into the old girl. This truck was given to me by a good friend and when I was kind enough to total the fiance's Ranger, this is what she was stuck with and she somehow developed an emotional attachment to this and I have been told it I get rid of it, I am getting rid of her too. Sad thing is I think she is serious. Enough babble, time for some pics of where it started and where it's at now. The bed on it now is the replacement for the previous one but you can imagine what kind of shape it was in.
MJ1.jpg

mj2-1.jpg

mj3.jpg

mj4.jpg

mj5.jpg

mj6.jpg

mj7.jpg

mj8.jpg

mj9.jpg

mj10.jpg

mj11.jpg

mj12.jpg

mj13.jpg

bumper1.jpg

Nice! Hood-pins and the tach-less full guage cluster; It's an 87 I assume?

reminds me of when i first got my waggy. keep up the resto-mid thread yo've started, I love a good spare-parts build!

[dave chapelle voice on] 'You can't say skeet on the radio!! [chapelle off]

Last edited:
Tenative build is as follows;
-D30, 4.56, locked
-8.8, 4.56, disk, locked
-beefed steering(currie or homebuilt)
-front suspension
+Rock Krawler 3 link
+RE 5.5" coils
+Bilstein 12" 5125's
-rear suspension
+SOA
+traction bar
+Bilstein 10" 5150's
-extensive cage, gusseted at all joints
-Beard super seats(recovered in black leather with black suade inserts)
-homebuilt bumpers(front and rear) with M8000
-homebuilt sliders/ rocker replacements
-bed bobbed 8"
-new floor pans
-Alpine Head Unit with a set of 6.5" components in the doors
-Nokian 33x12.5x15 tires mounted on beadlocks

Thats it for now. Feel free to critique anything and if I'm leaving out something important, please tell me. Sound confortable, capable and reliable? Best part is I have to get it done before the flog:)

Last edited:
cant hardly tell but in the last pic it is all painted. OD green;)

Nice..."Runnin out of time Chavez!"

You aren't driving it around without axle shafts in the front axle are you? That is not safe, the front wheel bearing can come loose without the stub shaft holding it in.

First, I don't drive it and second, it has stubs in it still. I no dummy.

Tenative build is as follows;
-D30, 4.56, locked
-8.8, 4.56, disk, locked
-beefed steering(currie or homebuilt)
-front suspension
+Rock Krawler 3 link
+RE 5.5" coils
+Bilstein 12" 5125's
-rear suspension
+SOA
+traction bar
+Bilstein 10" 5150's
-extensive cage, gusseted at all joints
-Beard super seats(recovered in black leather with black suade inserts)
-homebuilt bumpers(front and rear) with M8000
-homebuilt sliders/ rocker replacements
-bed bobbed 8"
-new floor pans
-Alpine Head Unit with a set of 6.5" components in the doors
-Nokian 33x12.5x15 tires mounted on beadlocks

Thats it for now. Feel free to critique anything and if I'm leaving out something important, please tell me. Sound confortable, capable and reliable? Best part is I have to get it done before the flog:)

How many of these items do you already have? That is a lot of stuff. Sounds like a good, solid build.

Don't have any of it really, I sold the red Jeep today, so it's time to get moving. I got a new optima to replace the old dead one, and all the stuffs to tune it up. I have had this truck for so long and never even checked the oil level. After it got a battery, it turned 3 revolutions and fired holding a solid 75psi of oil pressure. Also got the long arms ordered today as well as the RE 5.5" coils. Figured I will keep the bench for now and spent the alloted cash on a Nikon D40 for Tiff(she deserves it dealing with my shit).

Don't have any of it really, I sold the red Jeep today, so it's time to get moving. I got a new optima to replace the old dead one, and all the stuffs to tune it up. I have had this truck for so long and never even checked the oil level. After it got a battery, it turned 3 revolutions and fired holding a solid 75psi of oil pressure. Also got the long arms ordered today as well as the RE 5.5" coils. Figured I will keep the bench for now and spent the alloted cash on a Nikon D40 for Tiff(she deserves it dealing with my shit).

Thats not all exactly true. We checked the oil in the airbox once.:looney: If I recall correctly it was at about 3 inches.

Hey Matt, if you deceid to sell this MJ and Tiff comes with it put me in line FIRST!

I wish I had known you were looking for a battery. I could get a battery like in Marks rig for less. The best part is the Co-op battery has the reserve capacity of a Optima yellow top and the cranking amps of a red top. Kinda like a two in one unit. The Optima may of had warranty left on it tho.

Good call on the camera, Tiff takes great pictures!

Time for another update, I got done with the tune-up today. Sea-foam, champion plugs, wires, cap, rotor and fuel filter. I keep hearing shit about the paint so here are some pics of it as it sits right now, and yes thats a Rustys tie rod as a hood prop (about all it's good for.)
MJ14.jpg

MJ15.jpg

mj16.jpg

The paint definately looks better. If I was you I'd be careful about using that Rusty's tie rod as a hood prop, the end might break off supporting the weight of the hood and have it crash down on you.

Made some more progress tonight. The Bed made it off and although I was only able to remove 5" from the rear, I feel that the 5" will make alot more of a difference. No pics as of yet, I have the rear section tacked back on and the bed set back onto the truck to see where I need to trim more and I need to fab some new rear bed mounting brackets. Went to pull-a-part and the pickins was slim, but I was able to get a new mini console for the trans and a new hood prop rod. After the junkyard, I stopped by to see my favorite parts guy, Jason at ROCKYOUR4X4.COM and got the needed u-bolts and pinion flange adapter for the axle set I'm going to Chatt tomorrow to pick up. Axles are a D30/ 8.8 set. Both are 4.56 geared, welded rear, lunchbox locker for the front, set of spare shafts all around and a DOM/ heim steering set. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow sometime soon.

sounds like you've got a plan in action matt... keep it up. and post up lots of nice D40 pics...

Back