• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTF!

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a No Slip locker for the Trac Lok'd D44 in my '96 a couple of months ago well, I finally had a free weekend (today) to do the install, I pull the carrier out (pain in the ass without a case spreader!), go to remove the cross pin only to discover that it isn't held in by a pin but, by circlips at the spider gears......crap!.....it isn't going to work with my Trac Lok. Has anybody run into this issue before? Every Trac Lok (and open) D44 carrier I've ever seen had the cross pin locked in place by a roll pin! I had planned on doing this build in increments.....locker, more lift, installing the 33s I have back in the shed (after wearing out the 31s) and regearing using "thick" gears so I wouldn't have to do a carrier change. Now it looks like I'm going to have to get a bare carrier to use this thing and I'll have to mess with the backlash or see if I can get my money back......you won't believe what I had to go through to find this thing!........I would have bought a Detroit had I known this was going to have to go through all this crap.....shit!----------Hans

Last edited:
bradow said:
I was under the impression that drop in lockers will not work in a LS carrier.
This No Slip is made specifically for the Trac Lok diff but, apparently......not mine---------Hans

RCP Phx said:
There is a version of the the traclok that uses the snap-rings!If you have the BOM# you can look it up at:http://www2.dana.com/expertforms/demenu.aspx
Thanks for the link! And yes it is a factory Spicer Trac Lok (and I'm too tired to crawl under that thing again today) apparently the one that isn't compatible with the No Slip.......they should have noted that when I bought the unit!--------Hans

So what you're saying is that you need a factory d44 track lock that uses a roll pin instead of the snap rings? I'll go out to the garage and see which one I have.

Okay. Mine has the snap rings too.

Last edited:
corbinafly said:
So what you're saying is that you need a factory d44 track lock that uses a roll pin instead of the snap rings? I'll go out to the garage and see which one I have.

Okay. Mine has the snap rings too.
Isn't that weird, I'd never seen one with snap rings before this. Even my '74 Bronco's D44 Trac Lok (when it had a Trac Lok) was pinned :dunno: ----------Hans

Back