• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch problem clould use a little help

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
This just started today and has gotten worse. Earlier today I went out to the Jeep to go to the store and the clutch pedal would stick (in the up position) every few times I pressed it. Then on my way to work the pedal went all the way down and has maybe an inch of travel now. The clutch is mostly engaged. I can only get it into 2nd gear tops with a lot of force. Any ideas? and why would this go from working perfectly to not at all?

I'm a tard

ax15

go4wheeling said:
Check your hydraulic fluid level, if it is empty then you have a leak... somewhere. Might be at the clutch release bearing.

fluid level is full. sorry I forgot to mention that

You might want to change both the master and the slave out, they tend to go out around the same time. Good luck

Thanks for the help guys. I replaced the master and it started working again. The slave was done by the PO less than a year ago and its the internal kind as far as I can tell so I didn't want to get into it

Back