• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sylvania Silver Stars

SLAYER

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anyone has used or is using the sylvania silver star headlights and if they are worth the money.
Im thinking of just sticking with the reg yellow hallogens since they are alot cheaper but wanted a little more cowbell on the road. :dunno:

LostintheWoods said:
Huge increase in distance and whiteness. 60$ canadian was way worth it. (rain and snow visibility was slightly increased in distance only, like was mentioned before reflection off the falling percipitation is pretty much unavoidable)
edmaude said:
I installed some Silverstars tonight and what a big difference. The old conventional halogens are pathetic. Well worth the 48 bucks
dizzymac said:
I run Silverstars, made a big diff., much better than OEM.
2000XJSPORT said:
Slyvania Silverstars are a great upgrade. I have then in my 2000 XJ and they work great. Better thans those stock Wagners.
azdesertrhino said:
I recently put silverstars in my 94 XJ and it was a vast improvement. Inexpensive upgrade.
Boris T said:
I have them and for the money they are great. I am going to do the harness rewire too but at this point they are a HUGE improvement over stock 35w bulbs.
jeepguy97 said:
I love the Silverstars. Pricey, but they are so much better than stock.
bustednutz said:
I also have the Silverstars. In a word....AWESOME.
ZmOz said:
Just put them in. HUGE difference. I went for a drive and kept thinking somebody else was coming because of the extra light, but it was just me. :D Now I can't look at the lights without hurting my eyes, before I could stare right at them no problem. I'm sure the new wiring will help too...my sockets are pretty dirty.
MonkeyGrass said:
SilverStars are awesome... I just put mine in a couple weeks ago, and between those and my 55w bumper lights, it feels like a have a lighthouse strapped to my front bumper.
Cliff said:
ive had them for about 6 months was well worth the money and alot easyer than converting to h4 if you need more light than the silerstars just add driving lights
RichP said:
For the cost and convience the sliver star sealed beams are OK
casm said:
I've been running Silverstars for a couple of years now - one set on my car, one set on my XJ (in fact, swapping out the factory lights for the Silverstars was the first change I made). Love 'em. Aimed properly, the type and amount of light they give off is vastly superior to stock and noticeably better than 'high-output' filament bulbs.
xxxj-va said:
I switched to SilverStars and have been pleasantly supised. Not a full lighting "upgrade" but for $40 bucks pretty good.
XJ Un-Limited said:
I just replaced my stock lights with the Sylvania's. I'm pretty happy with them.. the beam is noticably whiter and spreads better. And for the money compared to a HID, you can't go wrong.
AJ-MJ said:
I have them and like'em!! my .02 :thumbup:
sportsguy said:
Buy the Silverstars - you won't be disappointed.

i ran a set for a year in my Cherokee - loved them and they were a huge improvement in my '94's lighting.

Sold the Cherokee and I'm picking up another set shortly for the MJ I bought. I was always impressed with how bright they were - it didn't matter how old they got, you couldn't look directly at them on low beam without thinking, "Wow! Those are a LOT brighter than stock!"

better pattern on the road and more light output than stockers, too.
scoobyxj said:
For the money silverstars are great. and when you get a little extra cash look into a upgraded harness. It helps even stock headlights. Then when you can finly afford to go H4, [it's really just the cost of the good lenses] then you can run whatever wattage bulb you desire.

:confused1 !!!1 :search:

Search Pwnage

ill chime in. im pleased as well. i just need to get them aimed properly now. dont do too well if they are just pointed down!

I have the Sylvania Silverstars in one side and GE's high output on the other (had to replace a Silverstar that had a meeting with a rock.) The GE's are almost as bright as the Sylvania's and they cost half as much (I think they were $10 at Wal-Mart.) The Sylvania's work awesome, but if you want to save a few bucks, the GE's are great and definitely brighter than stock. Just my experience.
JJ

Go to Autozone, ask for a print out of the price, then go to Checkers and ask for a price reduction. Youll get them for about $15 each.

I use them and noticed an immediate difference when I changed them. They have a nice tight beam but the coverage is good as well. Definitely better than the OEm garbage, and a good lazy man upgrade.

They are cool.

Well i know this is an old thread but i thought i would share my experiance with the Sylvania SlverStars here.

Yesterday i decided to upgrade the two year old regular Sylvania Halogens.
with the New SS's H6054ST sealed beams.
They are only slightly brighter,
however , they are much much whiter!

Since an old thread is back I'll weigh in. I got my silver stars for cheap(buy one get on free). I like the light output during normal conditions but when it rains my head lights disappear.

When it rains I literally can't see the lines painted in the road, if there is reflectors in the road surface then things are fine. The white light just disappears for me in the night time rain conditions. I use my fog lights(yellow HID) for rain driving and it is fine. All other times the silver stars are awesome and worth the money. I have "cool blue" headlights in my supra and I actually like that light output better but they are not as bright.

I have silverstar H4 bulbs installed in my Hella squares on the XJ and in the 7" round cibies in the TJ. Both are good, advance had them, the bulbs, on sale so I stocked up, 3 pairs for the H4's and two pairs for the ZJ.

I like my "shitty" H4 housings and cheap HID's! :D

I have the Sylvania Silverstars in one side and GE's high output on the other (had to replace a Silverstar that had a meeting with a rock.) The GE's are almost as bright as the Sylvania's and they cost half as much (I think they were $10 at Wal-Mart.) The Sylvania's work awesome, but if you want to save a few bucks, the GE's are great and definitely brighter than stock. Just my experience.
JJ

My experience is pretty much the same as this one, I also noticed they seemed to throw the light a wee bit farther, but didn't seem to throw the light as widely as the stockers or the H.O. GE's and there was a bizarre hole in the middle of the beam that the stock and GE's also did not have. I ended up returning both lights (yes, they even let me return the opened one!) and those GE's are still in use. Oddly, when Dad went to put new bulbs in the Town & Country, the factory spec bulbs were a specific Silverstar. I'm guessing that their bulbs work better when used with an existing lens and reflector assembly vs their sealed beams.........

I have Silverstars in my DD and they are an amazing upgrade over the stock headlights even with a factory harness still. I'll admit I do have mine aimed slightly higher, but I do get highbeamed by oncoming sometimes cause they think I'm running my highbeams. Good reminder here, I'm gonna adjust them right now to normal

IPH housings with fatboy bulbs and harness upgrades FTW

the sylvanias seemed like a decent upgrade until i got this upgrade, now the sylvanias look stock

Silver Stars with the Painless Wiring headlight upgrade harness I snagged at the salvage yard for $20, that makes a nice combination.

Back