• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Complete 4.7 engines

thisfirstlove

NAXJA Forum User
I know i read in a mag that you can buy a complete built 4.7 stroker engine...of course now i cant find the fawkin article so im wondering if anyone can tell me where to buy one. I think the company was called golden eagle, i dont really wanna build one cause i would ruin it by missing some stuipd thing and dont really have the tools to build one properly. Thanks dont flame too hard

I know golen makes strokers for you. They're kinda pricy though. Like in the ball park of 4K.

Golen engines are a 4.6 stroker based on the HO block so if you have a Renix system, you will have to adapt some things. I think the price was around $3300 for a long block.

Golen will make the engine based on the block/head you specify -- just double or triple check with him to make sure that he does. (First one he built for me was a H.O. even though I had requested a Renix).

He will also bore it 60 over to get them to the 4.7 liter point if you request it. I don't believe it makes a difference to price but it was a while ago that I spoke with him.

When I bought mine from him he told me he didn't think the extra displacement was worth it vs the thicker cylinder walls.

Matthew

thisfirstlove said:
I know i read in a mag that you can buy a complete built 4.7 stroker engine...of course now i cant find the fawkin article so im wondering if anyone can tell me where to buy one. I think the company was called golden eagle, i dont really wanna build one cause i would ruin it by missing some stuipd thing and dont really have the tools to build one properly. Thanks dont flame too hard

Your in NH, so your in luck. Your gonna love me in a minute :loveu:

Here you go man http://www.marshallsmachine.com/

You need to talk to Fred Marshall, tell him Todd Maillet refered you. He will do a 4.6 or 4.7 for about $1400 +/- DELIVERED to your door, and a 4yr 40,000 mile warranty. It is a long block, re-using your old pans and such. He can use any block you want, and will paint the completed engine ANY COLOR you want for nothing. Price includes the timing chain, and ALL the gaskets that you will need to transfer your old parts. You will have to provide your engine as a core at the time of delievery.

Call them and MAKE SURE you talk to Fred Marshall, and tell him I sent ya. Let me know if you have any questions.

Enjoy!

Todd

Fergie said:
Is that 1400 in MA only?

I don't know man, I know that they offerr free delivery to anywhere in New England. I suppose they could ship it to you in AZ, but it would be tough to honor their warranty I suppose. I guess they could send you parts, and you fix it, who knows.

Hows your motor doin Todd? i may be lookin for one soon and am considering a stroker

It came with basically everything. Full gasket set, oil pump, timing chain. You need all your original bolts, brackets, valve cover, timing cover, oil pan blah blah, you get the point. Other than that it was complete, and ready to go.

NHxj4x4 said:
It came with basically everything. Full gasket set, oil pump, timing chain. You need all your original bolts, brackets, valve cover, timing cover, oil pan blah blah, you get the point. Other than that it was complete, and ready to go.
That sounds like a really good deal. How is your engine doing?
Did you do 30 over or 60?

Starboard M said:
That sounds like a really good deal. How is your engine doing?
Did you do 30 over or 60?

I went 30, and minus the intial timing issues that any stroker is prone to, it runs great.

Here are some pics if anyone would like to see what she looks like.

Sorry, I don't have any naked pics:

Stroker4703.jpg

Stroker4702.jpg

Stroker4705.jpg

Stroker4709.jpg

Stroker4718.jpg

Stroker4719.jpg

Stroker4726.jpg

Stroker4734.jpg

There she is, my Stroker :yelclap:

sure wish I could stroke the 2.5L! :(

I really like the remote oil filter deal, will be doing that soon to the wifes XJ, I hate the silly way the engineers(and I use that term loosely) designed that.

I wish I painted mine when I built it. It was the middle of winter, so I just clear coated everything to keep the rust away. Now after tons of mud and dirt, the thing looks almost as old as my Jeep.

Back