• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holy Beefy Tie-Rod Batman!

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
I was the lucky winner of the tie-rod donated by WNC Custom Jeeps for the WinterFest raffle. This is a sock replacement tie-rod. The tube is 1.5" x o.250" DOM. The TRE's are Dodge and have a 3/4" shank, but the correct taper for late model Jeeps. I just bought a diff. guard for the D30, I really don't need it now! :laugh: The weather has been kinda shatty lately, I'll post pics once it's installed.

Thanks again to Jody at WNC Custom Jeeps!

101_2266.jpg

101_2267.jpg

Haleyes said:
I was the lucky winner of the tie-rod donated by WNC Custom Jeeps for the WinterFest raffle. This is a sock replacement tie-rod. The tube is 1.5" x o.250" DOM. The TRE's are Dodge and have a 3/4" shank, but the correct taper for late model Jeeps. I just bought a diff. guard for the D30, I really don't need it now! :laugh: The weather has been kinda shatty lately, I'll post pics once it's installed.

Thanks again to Jody at WNC Custom Jeeps!

101_2266.jpg

101_2267.jpg

is this just the tie rod or did he ship a drag link too?

congrats on your winnings :D

let see some shots of the bumper all mounted up :D

XJ_ranger said:
is this just the tie rod or did he ship a drag link too?

congrats on your winnings :D

let see some shots of the bumper all mounted up :D

Tie rod only.

Here's the bumper:
HPIM0170.jpg

Sexy bumper... your rig is lookin' good my man.

I have a nice looking hitch tube you could weld onto the top, and a winch cradle also that I'm not going to use.

Lawn Cher' said:
Sexy bumper... your rig is lookin' good my man.

I have a nice looking hitch tube you could weld onto the top, and a winch cradle also that I'm not going to use.

Thanks, but you might look again at that rig. :D

Maybe this'll help.
Here's a before shot:
HPIM0166.jpg

Well then, the same offer goes out to Jim. He should make a small stinger hoop and I have a single KC to hang upside down from it.

What bumper did you end up with then Mike?

Lawn Cher' said:
What bumper did you end up with then Mike?

Nothing.......... yet.
Let's just say I'll have bumpers eventually.

Glad to hear you like it thus far. It will most certainly outlast your XJ and I mean that in no disrespectful way.

We have never had any issues at all with our HD tie rods. Feel free to crash into it, land on it, jack up your XJ by it, basically whatever. It will take anything you dish out at it.

Send me some good installed pics and you'll be on our website if you like.

Thanks again.
Jody @ WNCCJ

WNC Custom Jeeps said:
Glad to hear you like it thus far. It will most certainly outlast your XJ and I mean that in no disrespectful way.

We have never had any issues at all with our HD tie rods. Feel free to crash into it, land on it, jack up your XJ by it, basically whatever. It will take anything you dish out at it.

Send me some good installed pics and you'll be on our website if you like.

Thanks again.
Jody @ WNCCJ
Yeah, that's what they said about the Alumiflex TR.
I ended up with a frowning XJ.:D

Okie Terry said:
Yeah, that's what they said about the Alumiflex TR.
I ended up with a frowning XJ.:D

I prefer good ol' 1/4" wall steel to aluminum anyday personally.

Hell, if I can't destroy my WNCCJ Tie Rod under a hydro assisted, 5,000 pound YJ under repeated abuse, I hope he can't, but if he does I want to be there.

Big difference between tweaked and failed.

offroadman83 said:
How much for the tie rod?--------Kyle

Jody told me retail was $150

Haleyes said:
Jody told me retail was $150
That's $150 shipped.
Sorry.

Finally got it on the heep.

101_2269.jpg

101_2270.jpg

Thanks once again Jody.

Back