• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jacks Pass March 11th

XJourney

NAXJA Forum User
I am hopefully doing one last snowrun this year. Anyone is welcome to come along. I will stop at the Dutch Cup at 9:00am

I am tentatively in. I should have the jeep all running and back together well before then, but I do have a few things to get there and have lots of other things going on at the moment.

Worst case I will catch a ride with someone:)

I will let Scott and my brother know if that is ok with the rest of the group?

Michael

Michael you know it is more then "OK" if Scott and Mark come.

sounds good Norcal. As the date nears I will post directions to the Dutch Cup in Sultan

Hans

Sound like fun, count me in too,:wave:

have fun guys....wish i coulda gone wheeling with yall.

I should be all set. The axle is back in (with Locker, thanks to John!!).

The engine is all together and running (very loud with no down pipe). I took it into the exhaust shop earlier today and it should be all done by Friday. I would like to put a few miles on it before I take it on a snow run just to make sure all is good, but other than that, I am in. My brother is tentative, I have not talked to Scott yet.

Can't wait to get back on the trail!!

Michael

we are going to the top right Micheal :yelclap:

Glad to see you will make it. I am dieing to try out my TrueTrac.

Hans

IXNAYXJ said:
Make it a late Birthday present to yourself!

-----Matt-----

P.S. Happy Birthday!

Thanks. I've got myself a birthday present(more parts for my downhill bike). I went and got certified as a bike mechanic and bought myself a new cross country bike as a graduation present and thats a couple grand that the jeep didnt get.
I may have the jeep up and ready to go by then though. I'm picking up the all the PCV hoses and junk from the dealership tomorrow.
We'll see if I can get enough time before then to fix my XJ and my girlfriends XJ so that there can be 2 more rigs.

-Kevin

Hi All - New to the forum and found this thread. I'd love to find some people in the western WA area to wheel with so I'll throw my rig and experience level out there:

87 XJ
4.0/AW4/NP231 - 175K miles
4.5 RE lift/Bilstien 5100s
32x11/50 wild countrys
Stock 3.55 gears
D30/D35 locked both ends

Bought the truck 6 months ago and have fixed ball joints, brakes, rear main, pan, valve cover and CCV leaks. It runs strong and is mechanically sound. I've got a hi-lift and shovel, by 3/11 I can have a full size spare and 30' tow strap. I haven't done any 4-wheeling since college 10 years ago, but I think I remember most of what I learned :)

So, that said, is my rig suitable for this run? Sultan is only 1.5 hrs away, and I'm more than willing to make the drive. I'm assuming that this is a one day event?

Sorry for the long post - I'm not familiar with Jack's Pass (or anything else around here besides some stuff up by Tinkham road off I-90), and didn't want to say 'sure I'll go' before I know what I'm getting into :p

-Ian

Slacker87XJ said:
Hi All - New to the forum and found this thread. I'd love to find some people in the western WA area to wheel with so I'll throw my rig and experience level out there:

87 XJ
4.0/AW4/NP231 - 175K miles
4.5 RE lift/Bilstien 5100s
32x11/50 wild countrys
Stock 3.55 gears
D30/D35 locked both ends

Bought the truck 6 months ago and have fixed ball joints, brakes, rear main, pan, valve cover and CCV leaks. It runs strong and is mechanically sound. I've got a hi-lift and shovel, by 3/11 I can have a full size spare and 30' tow strap. I haven't done any 4-wheeling since college 10 years ago, but I think I remember most of what I learned :)

So, that said, is my rig suitable for this run? Sultan is only 1.5 hrs away, and I'm more than willing to make the drive. I'm assuming that this is a one day event?

Sorry for the long post - I'm not familiar with Jack's Pass (or anything else around here besides some stuff up by Tinkham road off I-90), and didn't want to say 'sure I'll go' before I know what I'm getting into :p

-Ian
Welcome aboard! It sounds like you should be pretty well dialed in for the run...the strap and spare will be important though. Hope to meet you there!

-----Matt-----

Andy is bringing the Scrambler. He got some new tires and is puttin in his Tru-Lock this week.

Back