• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MOONROCKS sept. 25-26

BrettM

NAXJA Forum User
Phil, davidt and I are going to hit Moonrocks on Sept. 25 and 26. Moonrocks is about 20 minutes north of Reno and has been the previous site of rock-crawling competitions. It offers challenges for everyone from stockers to full on comp rigs, along with lots of whoops and go-fast stuff nearby. It's not a trail, more just a play area, with camping on site.

Everyone is welcome, XJ or otherwise, built or not.

Directions; take Hwy 445 north out of Reno, after 15-20 miles turn left on Winnemucca Ranch Rd., after a few miles it will turn to dirt washboard, another mile or so and MoonRocks is on the left, there is a sign for Hungry Valley OHV area. GPS: N39 51.000 W119 44.500

this is part of the area, lots of good ledges, wedges, v-cracks, notches, etc:

well, I'm glad there hasn't been much interest expressed here because I just go screwed

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

was just told the other day that I don't get that weekend off work because of some special sale.

on the upside, saving the money from this trip (and no breaking parts that weekend) should hopefully make the November Johnson Valley trip possible.

This weekend is Street Vibrations in Reno anyway. Traffic coming back out of Reno on Sunday (and even into Monday) is going to be pretty bad. My in-laws go up every year. I was thinking about it, but I'd get pretty worked over on my motorcycle...

Anyway, just another excuse not to go out there this weekend and feel better about it... :)

Capt. Nemo said:
This weekend is Street Vibrations in Reno anyway. Traffic coming back out of Reno on Sunday (and even into Monday) is going to be pretty bad. My in-laws go up every year. I was thinking about it, but I'd get pretty worked over on my motorcycle...

Anyway, just another excuse not to go out there this weekend and feel better about it... :)
how 'bout the Nov. JV trip? when's the kiddo due?

BrettM said:
how 'bout the Nov. JV trip? when's the kiddo due?

I may be able to squeeze that one in. I posted in JV thread. Little one is due the end of Dec. I told the wife - ON OR BEFORE the 31st!

Back