• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Azusa OHV

casm

NAXJA Forum User
If anyone's curious about the wheeling in Azusa, bring a snorkel. Right now the entire canyon from the reservoir back up to about the entrance of the OHV area is completely underwater, as well as about halfway up the slip road opposite the entrance to Burro Canyon Shooting Park. Figure it probably won't be open again until May, and the terrain's going to be a *lot* different.

JaMMin2525 said:
haha yah me and my friends drove up there about a month ago and we couldnt even make it to the entrance, my friend has a pic of it though. About 6 feet underwater i really want to get back there since im gettin my DPG 4 inch soon.

Welp, from what the USFS has been saying that probably won't be until somewhere between June and August. Rincon's shut down as well, quite possibly for longer - ditto the Santa Clara Divide road.

Interesting pic, though. The day I was up there the water was over the lower part of the bridge supports - basically, it was high enough that the small ATV area on the parking lot side of the river was underwater.

Check out ACORA's website - they'll probably have better information on the closures.

Had a few hours to kill, so headed up to Azusa OHV to get some photos of the flooding. Waters are down compared to a few weeks ago, but not by much. Photos can be found here.

Back