NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old February 25th, 2005, 21:21
NAXJA Forum User

Thumbs up 3/4 Coil spacers

I have an 01 xj with a 3" BDS lift the back sets about 1 1/2" higher after 8 months of being on. Just put my new tires and wheels on 31x10.50r15 trxus m/ts on crager 352 wheels with 4.75" BS no rubbing but dam close if i add the 3/4 " spacer to the front any problems with the LCAS or anything else i should be aware of? Maybe a dumb question but if i raise the front and not the rear will i lose clearence in the back or i'm i thinking wrong?

Thanks in advance
Old February 25th, 2005, 21:56
NAXJA Forum User

Re: 3/4 Coil spacers

Should be just fine to add that spacer in the front. Raising the front won't affect clearance in the back (there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers ). Only other things to consider are things you may already have considered: adjusted bumpstops front and rear. Longer brake lines front and rear. Adjustable trackbar or redrilled axle-end trackbar mounting hole (less desirable option). I'm not familiar with that lift, but I'm assuming it came with longer shocks? Only other thing would be vibes. Does it have any right now? If its newer (96+) you may want to upgrade to an SYE at some point. Otherwise dropped transfercase will do for a while (less desirable option).
Others may chime in with other considerations.
B.
Old February 26th, 2005, 05:25
NAXJA Forum User

Smile Re: 3/4 Coil spacers

Thanks beej already have an adjustable trac-bar,longer bumpstops front and rear ,rear wrangler brake line(3 inches longer) moved front front brake hose brackets also have a skyjaker t-case drop(temporary)vibes were very minimule
i should get an alignment again after the spacer install.
Old February 26th, 2005, 10:53
NAXJA Forum User

Re: 3/4 Coil spacers

Sounds like your jeep is well set up. Good idea to get another alignment. Gojeep has a link here that shows you how to do your own alignment easily.
B.