• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody got some good tech writeups on lift installs?

nateo101

NAXJA Forum User
The RE 3.5 is in the mail.....I haven't done a lift before, but am okay with wrenching on my own stuff normally.

I found one or two, but I figure there are a bunch of guys out there that have some writeups and I would love to read them.

Oh yeah by the way thanks to the guys that post what they know about lifts....been using that search button for the past couple of weeks to find advice. Gotta love the Jeep community....used to run around with some F-body guys(camaro's and firebirds) and there is a totally different atomosphere around here!

May I suggest you start the PB Blasting now? I've got a 2" and a 4.5" RE writeup on my site for what they're worth.

theyll send detailed instructions with the lift. anything not covered in those can easily be fielded on NAXJA

hmm, tomken does :laugh3:

here is mine:
Lift

My lift was a week and a half project, for my cousin. Like recommended above. Start the PB Blaster, NOW!!! Every night, go through and soak every bolt that will need to come out. Most of my cousins Air tools would budge the bolts. Most got cut or Snapped off due to the extensive rust build up I have on the bottom..

thanks for the links guys....

man those directions are short and sweet.....but I guess not to bad for what its worth.....just got some PB blaster....will start spraying that stuff for saturday!

Back