• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon XJLA First kit install pictures

FlexyJOE

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys here they are. The XJLA kit from RE. Let me tell you, DISSAPOINTING to say the least. Take a look at the pictures and see for your self...It WONT fit 33's, The driveline angles are stupid, the T-case is dropped down way far, the disconnects rattle like a spray paint can, and it didnt do a 900 on a 23 degree ramp :shocked: AND its Pretty spendy. And how do you plan to put Rock Sliders on???? I KNOW ORGS wouldnt fit and many others I am sure. This guy Just spent 8 Large. He brought the XJ in stock and now it has gears, ARB's Super 30kit, XJLA, wheels and tires, SYE and all labor. Nice for a 900 huh???? :rolleyes:

http://community.webshots.com/user/flexyxj
Joe

that's weird. Anybody else like the look of Full Traction's long arm kit?
for 8 large I'd have taken a wet rag to those pinch seams and framerails before mounting that crossmember.

I now completely understand why it took so long for this to be released. :eek:
Looks like no thought was given to what works on a trail.
900 on a 23 deg. ramp?
Funny thing, though, I am sure there are many, many people on waiting lists for this kit.
Sad. :smoker:

bgcntry72 said:
I now completely understand why it took so long for this to be released. :eek:
Looks like no thought was given to what works on a trail.
900 on a 23 deg. ramp?
Funny thing, though, I am sure there are many, many people on waiting lists for this kit.
Sad. :smoker:

that crossmember looks like it'll bend on the first real rock. I'd rather have their drop-brackets.

the Full-Traction system does look nice, how do the prices compare?

Hold on a second here. Did you say that he only spent 900 dollars and he got the lift, tires, wheels, gears, sye and super 30? Where do I sign. We don't see rocks here in Florida, I think it looks great.

kmagnuss_2000 said:
Hold on a second here. Did you say that he only spent 900 dollars and he got the lift, tires, wheels, gears, sye and super 30? Where do I sign. We don't see rocks here in Florida, I think it looks great.
the only mention of 900 was in reference to an RTI ramp, he said the guy paid "8 large" or $8,000. Probably $2k for the RE XJLA kit

kmagnuss_2000 said:
8 grand? No way. That's retarded.
lift kit, gears, lockers, alloy shafts for the front, SYE, rear driveshaft, tires, wheels... that's probably $5-6k in parts, then add in labor and it's not that bad.

sure, I have less that half of that in my truck and I garauntee it's more capable, but it's not cheap when you're buying new aftermarket parts and paying someone to install.

i have the fulltraction kit. i paid 1600 for it but it didnt come with shocks. so i go remote res shocks, the lover control arms are .250 wall so they are beefy, i think that the frame mounts could be beefier, but i dont wheel hard so whatev..the instructions were a joke as well but that is beside the point. i havent gotten to drive my jeep as i had to order a driveshaft and it didnt arrive before i had to leave for school, so sorry i cant give any ride quality report.but all in all it was a nice kit with good fit and finish. i did have to wait like 3 months for it tho
chris

That is just...I don't have words for it. That long of a wait for that. Give me the arms and the Clayton crossmember and call it a day. 3400 for that. Wow. Forget rock rails. Over kill on that crossmember. Juice

FlexyJOE said:
Ok guys here they are. The XJLA kit from RE. Let me tell you, DISSAPOINTING to say the least. Take a look at the pictures and see for your self...It WONT fit 33's, ...
http://community.webshots.com/user/flexyxj
Joe

33's require trimmed fenders. It shouldn't really matter how much lift you have. You do have a valid point with the rock rails vs pinch seam issue. As far as the ramp or flex goes, I have found in the two RE kits that I have used (RE 4.5" and 5.5") is that they flex "OK" out of the box, but to get the most out of them you need to do some additional tuning or adjustments to the suspension. Then it can and will flex like crazy. The same probably applies to any "kit" you buy. Heck, the guys shocks just might be too short...

Too bad the report is not flattering towards the kit. I did my RE TJ long arms with a home brew crossmember 4 years ago and I have been very happy with the arms themselves.

Joe, didn't you REALLY like the rockcrawler stuff enough to sticker up your rig with their ads?

SeanP

these guys have too much competition here to be putting out weak stuff like that. plus for the delays on the lift they lost a lot of buyers. the full traction seems to be a much better lift.

Back