• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New bonnet ( hood ) with venting cowl fitted.

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have just fitted a all new steel bonnet with a pressed in cowling as well. It vents hot air out while 4 wheeling and draws cold air in at roads speeds! Check it out on my site in the Bar and Body mod section.

http://go.jeep-xj.info

Bonnet.jpg

Bonnet2.jpg

Bonnet3.jpg

Go-Jeep,

I dont' know many people that can do mods that work as good as yours and still look very pleasant to the eye. Have to hand it toyou again, sweet work.

:yelclap:

Thank you very much, I was wondering what kind of hack job I would end up with if I tried to put one of those aftermarket scoops on myself. That hood looks far better than anything else I was considering. I ended up with a bit of a dimple in my hood after installing the Weber and the air cleaner stud was about 1/4"+ too tall.... Oh well gives me an excuse now for a new hood that will help with cooling as well :cheers: I'll be ordering one of those in a few days.
Mike B.

What do you mean 'pressed in' is it a steel cowl or fiberglass ?? Looks very nice by the way. If you can find a 69 Chevelle SS they had one that looked similar but had a vacum controlled flapper that would open as soon as the secondarys did. I think the Z28's of the same year had them also.
Any effect on the windshield washers being able to hit the windshield at high speeds ?? I once put a big flat bug shield on my 82 S-10 pickup, at 55+mph it did an excellent job of washing the hood off :D a contoured bug shield fixed that problem...

Looks awesome! Very clean and not overly done, too. I wish I had your body&paint expertise to do mine.

RichP said:
What do you mean 'pressed in' is it a steel cowl or fiberglass ?? Looks very nice by the way. If you can find a 69 Chevelle SS they had one that looked similar but had a vacum controlled flapper that would open as soon as the secondarys did. I think the Z28's of the same year had them also.
Any effect on the windshield washers being able to hit the windshield at high speeds ?? I once put a big flat bug shield on my 82 S-10 pickup, at 55+mph it did an excellent job of washing the hood off :D a contoured bug shield fixed that problem...

I take it you did not read my write up but it is all steel.
Now with the washes you have brought something up that I have not tried as it is still the middle of summer here and often in the 100's! Will try it the next time I take it out but have cleaned the dust off the sceen using them at suburben speeds without a problem but not highway ones yet!

Where did your wipers go?

Gojeep said:
He he
Just took them off so I could see the bits of wool that I taped on while doing the aero tests!

Ah, cool!

Finnally bought one for myself today, I'll update once it gets here and I get it installed.
Mike B.

1986xj said:
Finnally bought one for myself today, I'll update once it gets here and I get it installed.
Mike B.
Good on you ;)
One thing I would check after you have fitted it is to make sure that the raised centre section does not hit the wiper when you lift it to put the support in place. I had have a gas strut to open my hood and had it as high as it would go with the stock hood but found the it was too high for the new one. I dont know if the stock hieght is fine or not?

Thanks for the heads up, I don't want another incedent like the one I had with the A/F mounting stud on the Weber after I installed it on my spankin new bling bling hood. :looney:
Thanks,
Mike B.

No worries. ;)
I have added it to my write up to help other as well.Let me know how it all goes.
Who did you buy it through?

Back