• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody seen let alone tried these yet?

bjoehandley

NAXJA Forum User
I discovered these while screwing around looking for parts that are available for my XJ and 200, any of you guys seen them?

http://www.specdtuning.com/lhp-chke97jm-rs.html

Here's a XJ on that other XJ forum that has them, about the only ones I've been able to find installed on a XJ in general, and it doesn't appear to be a show pony.

178145d1362118648t-just-installed-new-headlights-20130228_224448.jpg

178147d1362118673t-just-installed-new-headlights-20130228_224535.jpg

178148d1362118685t-just-installed-new-headlights-20130228_224526.jpg

178146d1362118659t-just-installed-new-headlights-20130228_220850.jpg

vs what I have now............
IMG_0612.jpg~320x480

Look pretty cool to me! Then again, ANYTHING has to be better than the stock crap I have now. So I'm not very picky. Too bad that website doesn't tell you the little things like how much they cost.

Rather than go to that trouble, though, I'd rather just do what I did and install a heavy gauge relay harness and some Cibie H4 housings. Less likely to get unwanted attention from the police that way...

Next choice, slightly more expensive but way easier installation, would be some JW Speaker LED headlight units.

Another advantage to either of those options is that the are not Cherokee specific but can be moved to any other vehicle that uses two rectangular sealed beams as original equipment.

Seeing as those use H7 bulbs, they'll still need a relay harness to work well, and bulb choices will be more limited than if you use H4. Also I suspect my H4 Cibies have a better beam pattern...

Are all the different clusters of LEDs in that independently controllable. They are pretty cool looking if your into that kind of thing. I just don't know if I can do something that flashy on my pos.

Are all the different clusters of LEDs in that independently controllable. They are pretty cool looking if your into that kind of thing. I just don't know if I can do something that flashy on my pos.

I'd be willing to bet they turn on with the parking lights, that would be quick and easy way of doing so. That's how my 200 is set up, you have all off, parking lights and brows, headlights, then "automatic", where they all turn on at the same time when the dash sensor realizes it's getting dark. I'm not too worried about the bling aspect so long as they work as good as the projectors in the 200. I'd have more of a hard time justifying the cost of these or the TruckLights LED's since it's maybe been driven 5k miles since April 2012.

I'm always interested in New lights for the xj. Gotta wonder if these would be any better than a harness and h4 conversion. Any thoughts there?

I will let you all know how they are...

Will be making my own harness out of these parts:
Fuse Block http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BXKLNQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Relay Box
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VUEDXY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Plus the appropriate gauge wiring. Will use the factory wiring to trigger the new relays.

If these work out, Spec-D Tuning has headlight assemblies to fit the Wife's '96 full size Bronco. Those come as a 4 bulb high/low beam installation.

OK.

The assemblies arrived with a few very interesting things about them. No installation instructions (yes, headlights...) plus a pair of wires to a device plus another device in the wiring.

There was also an apparent lack of aiming provisions. Just a pair of screw holes at the top of the assembly. This assembly replaces everything at the front end, the headlight and mounts/buckets, the turn signal lights as well as the bezel for both.

Without knowing what was to be done with all this unknown stuff (spell it any way you like) I attempted to contact Specdtuning Customer Service.

Attempt is the operative word here. After spending better than 50 minutes getting hung up on (8 attempts all told) I desisted and elected to return the lights.

My recommendation is, due to both a lack of Customer Service and a complete lack of give a hoot by the sales Department;

Do not make the purchase.

Fortunately, these were purchased through Amazon so the return is easy.

This lack of installation instructions appears to be rampant with Specd. Whereas they have instructions for the Grand Cherokee, good luck on most other part numbers. Including, I might add the set for the Bronco I was going to purchase but will not now.

Definitely a buyer beware situation here... Two fasteners only... Like as not to flap in the breeze.

They are 'Faux' projectors and use a H7 halogen bulb? Not even HID?
All plastic construction probably can't handle the heat of HID.
The still need upgraded harness.

Trucklites keep looking better and better every night.

Well, the nice thing about them is that the Thermoplastic they are made of can tolerate an HID bulb. The idea appealed to me as going HID could be a two step process instead of laying out large up front.

But, too many things wrong.

The hunt for better lighting goes on. I will, however, install the new fuse block and relay block to deliver battery voltage to the existing Silverstars.

In order of ascending cost: Cibie H4 reflectors w/ a heavy gauge wiring harness, Truck-Lite, JW Speaker. If I had unlimited budget I'd get Speakers but I already have Cibies. Truck-Lite according to some have better pattern for off road than Speaker but Speaker is better on road.

Those are fake as shit projectors. They are a standard housing with a stupid little magnified lens in front of the bulb, no joke, they are WORSE than stock housings

Want projectors, do a legit projector retrofit

Back