• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calico anyone?

If I wasn't in the middle of putting rock rings on my steelies I'd be interested, but calico will have to wait for me to finish my project. Good luck with the run

I might be in, pending dates. Got a bunch of family in town until just after Christmas, but I'm good to go after that. I'd like to test out my new Kevlars, so when are you thinking?

I might be in, pending dates. Got a bunch of family in town until just after Christmas, but I'm good to go after that. I'd like to test out my new Kevlars, so when are you thinking?

Kool I'm going to order my 35s next week there is also a run on another club forum for New Year's Day in Lucerne valley

I am thinking Saturday the 29th.

Last time we ran it solo, spent about 2hrs on the trail (Odessa/Doran).

If we hit the trail about 9:00 or 10:00, we could be heading home by noon or 1:00, making it just a half day (depending on your drive time)

Saturday the 29th. Is the one day I can for sure commit to right now.

I am planning a morning run up Odessa down Doran expecting to be heading home by early afternoon. Could add a bit of exploring if others want.

If nobody else can make that we will likely do a solo run.

It's always more fun (and less stressful) with a few rigs. If a different day works better to get a few people together, I can probably work out a different day.

Last time we ran the doran trail we had 4 guys break on the gatekeeper(under built rigs) and one guy granade his front axle and rear driveline on the small waterfall in doran towards the end (37's and a Dana 30 go figure) i blew out a tire in a wash from hitting a rock kinda fast but i had a spare. I never got to run Odessa I've been kinda sad about not running it ...

I plan to pull out of OC around 7:00am tomorrow. Should but us in the dirt and aired down no later than 10:00.

Plan is to run up Odessa, swing by Bismark, over to Wall Street, then down Doran (bypassing gate keeper). If anybody is playing in gate keeper we will probably go watch for a bit then get back on the road home.

Post up if we should be looking for you out there

Hope to catch you all at another time. Got new tires today and need to trim before wheeling. Post pica when you can.

What size ant type did you get. I also picked up my 35 s today need to flex tomorrow to see where I need to cut more or add more bump stops. Think I need new rims with less backspace as well.

Lets see if I get this right.......

P1160313_zps6ea1a91d.jpg

P1160318_zps775812ac.jpg

P1160325_zps316303c8.jpg

URL]

P1160327_zpsa3599697.jpg

P1160339_zpsd55b664b.jpg

P1160350_zpse3cb6615.jpg

P1160352_zps506b0092.jpg

P1160357_zps72abb408.jpg

P1160359_zps0fb9e9b0.jpg

That worked!

It was a good day run. Tore off a side mirror and a rear light. Added a couple battle wounds, but no issues.

XJ passed 180k miles on the way home, calculated 16-18 mpg on the highway! Cruising 75+/- MPH.

Last edited:
Yes, you've got this right. Very cool pics.

Looks like the weather was nice to you. Did you get any body damage?

No rain until the way home on the 15/215.

I gotta pick a new line up that squeeze, last two times up we have added some mild rash to the driver side. Today the driver side mirror and tail light were taken out.

Back