• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Das Roach Build Thread

NJXJ666

NAXJA Forum User
After going from Jeeps to VWs im back in the jeep game, got this 85 2 dr 5 spd XJ for 500 bucks from a good friend of mine back in April. Lifted 3 inches and stock besides that. I have big plans for this things as always.

As it sits currently:
3 inch skyjacker lift
front stinger bumper (currently for sale)
custom rear stinger tire carrier
33 inch procomp xterrains
fogs
cb setup
4 pt harnesses
relocated battery
ford 8.8 rear
4.88 gears (front waiting to be installed)
detroit locker in rear
hi lift mount on hood
cut fenders

whats a thread without pics haha
image.jpg

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

image3.jpg

ill post in here whenever i have any updates and what not. thanks for looking

Last edited:
went wheelin at a local spot last night, kinda sucks only being 2wd till the front diff gets regeared. get paid tomorrow so ill be ordering plenty of parts

selling 5 brand new 31 inch bfg all terrains with stickers on them for 650 obo, thread is in north atl classifieds.

Just ordered my front 4.88 gears and master install kit from ECGS. Hopefully get here by mid week next week then it goes to get geared asap.

What flavor of 350? Carbed, MPFI..?
Transmission, t-case?
New suspension plans?
We are all curious...

What flavor of 350? Carbed, MPFI..?
Transmission, t-case?
New suspension plans?
We are all curious...

carbed 350 out of a 70s truck i believe. Planning on a ax-15 or another stick trans, im too used to manuel now. tcase im not too sure yet. suspension im currently piecing together a "frankenstein lift" 6.5 inches with diff brand parts, not sure on what brand long arms to run or fab something up.

why the switch from a MPI I6 to a carbed V8 in a crawler, have fun on hill climbs and off camber stuff

why the switch from a MPI I6 to a carbed V8 in a crawler, have fun on hill climbs and off camber stuff

i currently have a 2.5L carbed motor in the xj. its an 85 lol. Pictures show the kind of stuff i do. haven't ran into issues with the stock single barrel. i already have the carbed motor (and i got it for free)

ahh that explains it, if ya do have issues a tbi setup is dirt cheap

ahh that explains it, if ya do have issues a tbi setup is dirt cheap

I know, i always look in jegs catalogs and see. Im not 100% set on the 350. My heart wants a vr6 from a vw. Ive installed quite a few and wired them up and theyre so easy. Just too much work to make the fwd motor work in a 4wd setup. Not impossible but not for me lol.

Also a HUGE thumbs up for ECGS. My order shipped same day. So ill be regeared by next weekend.

sold the 31 inch BFG's i had to a fellow jeeper on craigslist. that money will help pay for regearing and my massive snap on bill haha.

gears should be here today, goes tomorrow to be installed. just ordered an IRO hd tie rod to replace my bent stock one .

Jeep got dropped off at No Excuses in New Egypt to get the front axle regeared. hoping to have it back within the next few days.

Found out that a very close friend of mines Father passed away from cancer yesterday morning. Sucks to have that happen to someone close to me.

I've been sleeping around for a while. Put a new lift kit on, putting long arms tonight, new driveshafts and lots of little things. getting ready for rausch end of october.

Back