• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Military Jeep J8

jeepdude25

NAXJA Forum User
Thought you guys would enjoy this pic...new J8 with exo cage and guns!!!
Jeep_J8__5_.jpg

Looks like crap. think thats in Eqypt btw, so not our tax dollars. yes i see the flag, think thats the embassy

That's gotta be a concept vehicle. There's still alot wrong with that thing.

Look how low the nerf bars are...... break-over angle has been greatly compromised. That's an urban assault vehicle at best.

The military wouldn't leave the "Warn" pull strap in place either.

Airsoft guns, look at the red tips in the barrels.

I still like it. :)

yeah, saw that. was pretty sure though the j8 was produced for foreign military, could be wrong though

That's gotta be a concept vehicle. There's still alot wrong with that thing.

Look how low the nerf bars are...... break-over angle has been greatly compromised. That's an urban assault vehicle at best.

The military wouldn't leave the "Warn" pull strap in place either.

Yeah , the brass catch is right over the drivers head , the M249 is mounted too
high on the passenger side to use effectively and no armor ?
Its a Spec Ops vehicle if anything . Even urban assault vehicles are heavily armored . I don't think the .50 cal mounted to the top is an airsoft , or
its just replica .

That ain't military... show me a combat vehicle that uses expensive poly bushings and glossy paint instead of flat colors :D

Actually though guys, this IS legit. This is the J8 LPV prototype that was pitched to Homeland as a boarder patrol vehicle and to the Dept. of the Army as a patrol/scout vehicle (prototype = tags still on the winches). There are two versions of it (one geared toward DoHS and one towards military. The tan one is Homeland's and the green one is the Army's and looks to be a bit beefier. The US couldn't accept them because they didn't meet emissions standards :rolleyes: but Israel is using them and calling them "Storm 3"s and I believe Egypt bought some too.

And I agree, the brass looks like it would go right onto the driver/passenger and the passenger mounted gun looks to be too high for practical use, but that's how they are.

51b194923c7248e2ac03044fbf0ec047.jpg

a21841c881ed4ced92cb4db6a5fb0160.jpg

435522de90864c9a80ee128f9cc00efa.jpg

JeepJ8LPV.jpg

I bet you I could hit that gas can from 300m with iron post sights .
You wont catch me parading around in that death can ...:skull1:
Why don't they just use some old retrofitted HMV's , the spec op and seal
version of that vehicle is the best I've seen and their already paid for ?

Myth............every watch mythbusters?

Gas doesn't ignite unless it is a vapor. Under the right conditions yes; half full can, with an air leak and have it hot outside, maybe. :shhh:

I use to test the rookies in our shop by putting out my cig in a cup if gas, they use to run..............

This is government man, spend spend spend............of course our TAX dollars.

I like the green one the tube armor is better positioned.

You wont catch me parading around in that death can ...:skull1:

Uh... we do use humvees...

Uh... we do use humvees...

Thats kinda what I'm what I'm saying , so why the ef do we need those .
They serve no purpose what so ever .

And yes mythbusters is full of shit , one tracer round in that tank and ka blewie .. I've done it many times , its not the round but the spark , anyone see
a tracer round burn for two or three min's after impact ? I have , and I saw that episode from mythbusters , they used no tracer rounds and they never
fired a second round after the fuel was all over the place . its not the fuel but the vapor that ignites . Trust me you don't want to get in a firefight in that tin can . Give me a rifle and I'll make some fools look stupid , remember thats what the Army paid me to do ...

And yes mythbusters is full of shit , one tracer round in that tank and ka blewie .. I've done it many times , its not the round but the spark , anyone see
a tracer round burn for two or three min's after impact ? I have , and I saw that episode from mythbusters , they used no tracer rounds and they never
fired a second round after the fuel was all over the place . its not the fuel but the vapor that ignites . Trust me you don't want to get in a firefight in that tin can . Give me a rifle and I'll make some fools look stupid , remember thats what the Army paid me to do ...
well put!!!

Dunno, but the DoD put contracts out looking for replacements.
Probably similar to how they're looking for replacements for the M4/M16 platform... it's old and the guys on top think that means it should be replaced.

Here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMMWV_replacement_process

But I agree... the HMMWV has dozens of variations and uses. Why replace something that already works?

I remember a while ago that they announced the JLTV would be the new replacement vehicle. Pretty cool rig, but unnecessary IMO.

Army_mil-2008-10-30-1225389082.jpg

fired a second round after the fuel was all over the place . its not the fuel but the vapor that ignites . Trust me you don't want to get in a firefight in that tin can .

X2 on all parts.

At least that thing has some protection for our boys getting shot at .
I agree , the HMV is probably old school for todays combat forces and probably needs upgrading but we already have good vehicles for that purpose .
We are actually lucky that these insurgents don't have air power , or we would
would have a whole lot more trouble on our hands .
Its funny how much trouble a twelve year old with an AK can cause .

Issue with the hmv is once you put armor on it, its too sluggish to do its job. reason for the jltv. agree though, the hmv is a great platform for recon or what this J8 was suppose to be for.

Back