• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DR 2409, Statement of assembly...

Hypoid

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Several years ago I bought a pickup for the engine, made a trailer from the back half. Now I want to go legit and get a VIN.

I'm looking over a DR 2409 "Statement of Assembly of Homemade Trailer."

I'm taking a wild guess and calling this a "Utility" trailer.

In the big box, titled "Statement of Assembly": What are they asking for???

TIA, Mike

on mine I was told by an unusually helpful clerk to write "materials on hand" -- if you reference any actual vehicle its constructed from, it apparently makes things more difficult...:confused1

on mine I was told by an unusually helpful clerk to write "materials on hand" -- if you reference any actual vehicle its constructed from, it apparently makes things more difficult...:confused1
That's good to know. Did you have to produce any receipts?

nope, just wrote in "parts on hand", and they issued me a vin plate and title.

Hmmm, looks like the most difficult thing to do is get it to a scale. :)

Thanks Chris!

I just guessed.

This info is good to know. I am building a teardrop offroad trailer from scratch and will need to tag it when I am done. Since I have a company, I was thinking I was going to have to do a MSO, manufacturer's statement of origin.

I just guessed.
WERD! That's what the clerk told me to do. She did say that 2000 lbs and over was a different class of trailer.

Them thar things hanging off the bumper are called urban sliders. They may have come from some material handling equipment. :greensmok

ALL_CATCH266.jpg

Back