• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Putting in a Dana 300

trail rate this

NAXJA Forum User
After lots of research, blood, sweat, and tears....
0122002326.jpg

1" thick 8x8 plate steel.
0124000939.jpg

0124000940.jpg

0124000942.jpg

0131001415.jpg

I know it looks really out of shape but it actually fits the contour of the case
0131001416.jpg

Fits the input housing nicely
0131001434.jpg

0131001442.jpg

All bolted on and loctited. (It's drilled for a flip and 2 clocking positions.)
0121000732.jpg

0121000732a.jpg

The shifter came from a Toyota MR2. On the bench I can control both shift rails seperatley with one stick. I hope I can get it to work like that in my XJ.

I've already replaced both yokes with NP231 front CV yokes.

Now I need to start getting it in the jeep.

Sorry the crappy pics(cell phone).

looks awesome. do you mind posting how much $ you have into it? i've been toying with the idea of a flipped 300 but haven't seen one done on the cheap (yet). just wondering how much the whole thing is going to cost you.

let's just say i'm pretty much sold on this idea.

did you do it by hand or with a bridgeport?

i guess that answers that question..

Bridgeport%20Mill%202.jpg

Your adpater/spacer look considerably better than mine! Nice work! Couple questions for you:
1. Why are you spacing it 1" and not 7/8"? Not worried about that 1/8" more engagement on the tranny output?
2. How'd you transer the holes so accurately?

i've seen everything from a 3/8" spacer to 1"... i'm curious about that too.

Your adpater/spacer look considerably better than mine! Nice work! Couple questions for you:
1. Why are you spacing it 1" and not 7/8"? That's what I could get, I can always have 1/8" milled off of it later. Not worried about that 1/8" more engagement on the tranny output? I took alot of measurements off the old t-case and new case and I don't think it will matter.
2. How'd you transer the holes so accurately? I f you look at the pics above you'll see what looks like an aluminum spacer. It's actually the cast ring off the tail housing of the AW4. I had an old drill bit that fit the holes in the tail housing perfect and used that to make the holes on center.

Back