• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alpine or Pioneer amp

Yeah, I have always used Pioneer head units (well, one Sony, but it was a POS). I have heard good things about the Alpine which is a Class AB, but the Pioneer is a Class D and is only like $30 more.

I had the pioneer GM-D8500 class D amp for my sub last year, and it was groovey! One day i was helping a friend test his Alpine M350 (i think) it was the last version before the new M500 class D. So we wired it up to my pre-existing setup, and to my amazement it sounded better, hit harder, and was crisper. So i convinced him that my pioneer was better for his setup and we traded on the spot. I now have the alpine under the seat!

I had no problems with my pioneer, i just think that the alpine was put together better. But i miss by external bass controller :(

I do like eclipse--I run one 10" and had a nice 5303(? or was it 5305)pre-amp CD/head that got stolen--too bad they didn't have the key cd to make it work. I haven't had an amp of theirs.

I have an XA4100 powering 2 sets of polk components. Very crisp and clear and for pretty cheap if you thin k about it.

FWIW, I run that Alpine in my Lightning. Pushes four Infinity Kappa 6x8's. VERY capable. Clean, tiny package, and plenty of power.

dont mess around and just go big with a jl audio amp, you will actually get the wattage that is on the amp lol

Yeah, I'm not spending $300+ for a JL.

HA that would be cheap for a JL unless you get the G series. I am partial to the JL's as I have both the original slash 500/1 and 300/4 in mine.
Out of those two amps I would probably go with the Pioneer. I like that series of their amps.

Back