• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wa Temporary Closure

Sideshow

NAXJA Forum User
I lot of Washington locals are aware of this but I didn't see a thread for it in Land Use. Reiter Trails is one of 4 trail systems I consider close enough for a one day wheeling trip for western washington. There's only three options left...for now.

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/amp_fs09_010.pdf
How can I get involved?
Throughout the fall, winter, and spring, DNR will be looking for volunteers to:
 Help us identify high-priority restoration projects to address environmental damage.
 Work with us and a trail planner to locate trails (including determining which existing trails might
be included as part of the new trail system).
 Help restore damaged stream crossings and plant trees, shrubs and other vegetation, etc.
 Help supplement our limited budget by seeking financial opportunities to pay for materials, signs,
and other items necessary for completing restoration work and constructing trails.
 Provide heavy equipment and time to do restoration work and construct trails.

Thanks for posting this up.

Thanks for posting this up.

Yeah, I feel guilty the only thing I've done is a couple trail cleanups over the past couple years. As a result I sent an e-mail and volunteered with the DNR, do you have any idea what I should expect? What tools I should bring, and so on?

So I attended the public meeting for Reiter tonight.

One fact I learned was that "the commissioner" made the decision to close reiter to repair the environmental damage. The commissioner of what?

The second fact I learned was the proposed plan for Reiter does not close until December 4th. The DNR is accepting comments regarding the Reiter Foothills Forest Recreation Plan.

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE, PLEASE SEND COMMENTS TO:
[email protected]

My comments included the fact there are very few areas where motorized access is allowed, Reiter being one of the few. Reiter is bordered by the Wild Sky Wilderness Area which offers virtually limitless non-motorized recreation potential. I would like to see a plan which identifies Reiter primarily as a motorized park which allows non motorized access to the wilderness area. I would like to see a new plan where the 2000 acres currently identified for motorized use, are expanded.

Last edited:
Back