• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

project Resurrection

midtennxj

NAXJA Forum User
sup guys. i recently bought a 2000 xj rolling chasis from kgb. and i had a few questions? ive got the drive line out of a 93 grand cherokee. will the motor trans and transfer case work in the xj?

Here are a few pics from the day we picked up midtennxj's new project.

DSCF0710.jpg

DSCF0711.jpg

DSCF0712.jpg

DSCF0727.jpg

DSCF0729.jpg

the engine mounts on ZJ are differently mounted. i believe the holes are there but you need to move the mounts back .. something like that..
i m not sure you can use a zj motor actually..
Tyler might know more

mark

i saw on JF they said use a AW4 tranny instead of what the ZJ's use.
find a 231 to bolt up.. *68 a pull a part
Engine mounts and oil filter are in different location

Good luck!
mark

i saw on JF they said use a AW4 tranny instead of what the ZJ's use.
find a 231 to bolt up.. *68 a pull a part
Engine mounts and oil filter are in different location

Good luck!
mark

I believe the early ones had the aw-4. See if it is the AW4 bfore you go looking for one.

If it proves to be to much work I've got the full 4wd drivetrain from my 92 for sale in the classifieds.

id LOVE to have the color on any one of my rigs. but my wife would shoot me.

I bet that jeep was originally white.

id LOVE to have the color on any one of my rigs. but my wife would shoot me.

I figured out how to get that color cheaply-- mine's white and slowly rusting into that color-- wife can't blame me and mother nature doesn't give a poop what the wife thinks:rof:

haha thats kc extreme machines i dont really like those people they arent really helpfull they just wanna sell u stuff

Pretty much, Ive known the owner Kevin for years, and we currently have issues, he sold me the wrong shocks and has been dodging me making it difficult for me to return them. Called him at 4:30 last friday said I would be there about 5:15, they close at 6. I get a call from a mutual friend of mine and Big Kevs at 5:03 saying "hey man Kevin didn't have your number but he just left to go fishing and wont be back until monday" 1) he has my # and 2) thanks for not waiting the extra 15 minutes.

Not having a license right now it is very difficult to go up and get my refund.

This will be the last time I deal with him and his shop, few years ago I could recommend him, and he has always given me fair prices, but just cant deal with his bullshit anymore.

The motor mounts and the water pump are diffrent from the ZJ to the XJ. Other than that, the belt tensioner and some of the accesories are diffrent (because of the newer year), but everything else is the same. The 93 model should have the AW4. You can tell if it has a drain plug. The AW4 does have one, but the Chrysler tranny does not.

I swapped a similar year (93) XJ engine into a 93 ZJ with only the above mentioned changes. Going to the newer model XJ you will probably need all new accesories and an electric fan and a smaller mechanical fan....the ZJ only has a large mechanical fan.

sup guys. thanks for all your input. we sold the zj. so i wont b putting int the drive line from that one. i am on the look out for hp dana 30, an aw4, and a 4.0 ho. if anyone has these items hit me up. i will b making a post in the wanted ads.

Pretty much, Ive known the owner Kevin for years, and we currently have issues, he sold me the wrong shocks and has been dodging me making it difficult for me to return them. Called him at 4:30 last friday said I would be there about 5:15, they close at 6. I get a call from a mutual friend of mine and Big Kevs at 5:03 saying "hey man Kevin didn't have your number but he just left to go fishing and wont be back until monday" 1) he has my # and 2) thanks for not waiting the extra 15 minutes.

Not having a license right now it is very difficult to go up and get my refund.

This will be the last time I deal with him and his shop, few years ago I could recommend him, and he has always given me fair prices, but just cant deal with his bullshit anymore.

Well, to finish this off properly, I did get a full refund, and I am done dealing with his shop. Anyone have some XJ shocks for 10" of lift? I know rusties has them for 33 a pop but I figure if I can get a set of used ones for 80-90 bucks I will jump on it.

Back