• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Number Three!

jpbxj79

NAXJA Forum User
th_P1010034.jpg
th_P1010033.jpg
th_P1010037.jpg

Well I have been looking for a new unibody to use as a donor for my cracking 96', and I found this one on CL for $400.00. Talked them down to $350.00 and called AAA to get it home. It used to have a roof, I forgot to take before pics, I cut for a while and welded a bit, and thought s#@t, I always forget pictures! Turns out all this sucker needed was a new valve cover gasket, the prev. owner thought is was a main seal. SO, long story short I now have two rigs! I'll build this one, and let my buddys drive the 96' when we go weelin'. Heres the 96', I need to paint and hang the rear half doors. Will try to update often, thanks for looking, Jim.

th_P1010036.jpg
th_P1010035.jpg

Ok, not cool posting pics without links to full sized ones.... :D

I wanna see your comanche tailgate a bit better on the new rig.

AT THE REQUEST OF OUR PRESIDENT, I go one better.
th_P1010035-1.jpg
th_P1010032.jpg
th_P1010030.jpg

Sorry for the burgandy primer. I was right in the middle of my 2" body lift(see also angle grinder+BFH), and it started to look like rain. I would rather strip my own primer tomorrow, then have to wire brush away any more rust. It took me 11/2 with the angle grinder, wire brush, and a peice of 220 grit just to get the pass. side ready to work. I need a garage! Well the rest was a breeze, except for welding in the breeze, come back argon! More later, I hope. Jim

Ok, you suck at teh interweb.

800x600 pics, links....... or ban!

:D

here ya go.
P1010034-1.jpg

P1010031.jpg

P1010036.jpg

Still need to slap on some filler, got a little happy with the grinder(half cab). 96': 5" RE+RC+HB, 1" body lift:), 33"bfg AT"S, custom half doors, turdy w/ USA alloys, turdy five w/ lsd(far out man, the colors), HB front winch bumper, HB+RO rear air tank bumper(thanks rick!), sanden OBA, full time disco's front and rear:), plus some junk. 91": stock,( parts collection) rear d44 w/ disks, ox locker, re 5.5" coils, re lca's and uca's, re panhard bar, 6" HB leafs(one leaf from 5 different cars/trucks),tj brake lines, TW hack and tap, detroit locker for disco 30, ukon 4.55&4.56:1 gears. Still need shackles 2-2.5", and some other stuff. Jim

Last edited:
Hey he figured it out! :clap:

Well, my buddy pointed out that the thread is titled "number three!", and yet there is only pictures of numbers1&3, no #2. I hate playing favorites, so here is #2, in all its glory. Enjoy!
P1010041.jpg

P1010039.jpg

P1010040.jpg

Got this one from a farm I painted a couple summers ago. It was stored in a pasture, and had 4.10:1's, donor doors and a lifetime supply of field mice. Bought it for $50.00, and towed it home, my friend and I followed the flat bed all the way to my rental house, and we counted 26 mice that either fell off, or jumped out of the rig going down the highway. Stupid mice. It's going to andersons jeep retirement home later this week, to be with other jeeps, watch jerry springer and gripe about young Rubicons. Damned Kids!! S#!T lunch is over, gotta go. Jim

cupholders are for bmw's! Naw just kidding, I saw yours when I was searching for a pattern, mine go about 5" lower, and are mostly arm rests with handles:). White one is getting there, but there is a long way to go. Now I am off to meet the tow driver to haul away the red one, thanks for the looks and comments, I'll keep postin'. Jim P.S. Nice handles, Eagle?

I think they are the same handles. I found a few others I liked the looks of, but when it all came down to it, I wanted to keep it in the family. Even if AMC was the drunken, abusive, step-father of of the bunch.

Back