• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Group Buy : Tefba Coolant Filters

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
Hi all,

I'm looking to order some Tefba Coolant filters and wanted to see how many were interested in a group buy. This filter fits inline onto your upper radiator hose to filter out all the crap in your coolant that clogs up your radiator. There's no need to undo the hoses every time it needs to be cleaned.

body.gif

opentopviewTH.jpg

They come in 1 1/4", 1 1/2", 1 3/4" and 2" Inner-Diameter sizes.

There are no available locations in the US that sell these anymore that I could find in stock.

Depending on how many we could order in bulk, the price would be less than $60 (shipping not included yet).

I'll prolly open this buy up to everyone who needs one.

Let me know how many and what sizes everyone wants.

I believe the upper hose is 1.25" ID.

I bought a Tefba filter years ago and never installed it because I ordered a 1.5" and it was the wrong size.

Still have it. Never used. sorry for the hijack

IN! Standard upper hose size for a 94.

I recently changed out my entire cooling system: pump, radiator, hoses, t-stat, flushed it, etc. and I am still seeing quite a bit of scale in the coolant. It had looked fine shortly after doing this but I checked the other day and noticed the particles floating around in the radiator. Hopefully this will help fix that.

I am IN.. need one for the XJ and one for the TJ.

I will measure the hoses and let you know.

When would you be placing the order?

Thanks!

Per the Jeep God, all the Inner Diameters for the XJ is 1 1/4. I'd assume it would be the same for TJs but Robert hopefully you can confirm that one.

I will probably be placing the order sometime later next week or the week after that. I have to fly out to Illinois for my grandfathers funeral this weekend and wont be back till Tuesday.

Johnny, since you ordered the 1.5", do you want me to count you in for a 1.25"?

Before I place the order and once I get the confirmed unit price based on the bulk qty, I might have everyone help pay for them in advance since the total amount adds up quickly and I wont wanna be left hanging with a huge credit card bill. :)

No, I'm cool. Thanks Josh.

Now that I have my York mounted, my upper hose rides a little high. And the Tefba probably would not clear the hood. I remember that the fit was a little tight with the stock setup.

Josh.

this is a great group buy. BUT... Get the payment info upfront and maybe pay via paypal. I just ordered one of these on sunday night from their website, and monday morning my card was charged $608.78 USD by F and C motors their company, sent the obligatory email, went to the bank and stoped payment. Tuesday morning the same charge as monday but for $628.78 USD TAKEN from my account.. I have opened an FBI investigation, and filed the necessary papers to retrive my money.. Im not tying to be down on these guys but have had no contact from them since monday.. Just BUYER BEWARE...

who did you order from? Mako directly in australia or a different site?

Clean-RC said:
Josh.

this is a great group buy. BUT... Get the payment info upfront and maybe pay via paypal. I just ordered one of these on sunday night from their website, and monday morning my card was charged $608.78 USD by F and C motors their company, sent the obligatory email, went to the bank and stoped payment. Tuesday morning the same charge as monday but for $628.78 USD TAKEN from my account.. I have opened an FBI investigation, and filed the necessary papers to retrive my money.. Im not tying to be down on these guys but have had no contact from them since monday.. Just BUYER BEWARE...

Hey Scott, I forgot to say thanks for all of the parts..... :D

That sucks! I hope they clear it up for you.

kyung

Where did you get your filter from?

djblade311 said:
who did you order from? Mako directly in australia or a different site?

straight from their website that uses the babymall shopping cart, I had been in communications with Dallas at Mako in Australia... But have stopped all emails for now..

karstic said:
kyung

Where did you get your filter from?
same site. i had no problems. received it in about a week.:dunno:

Same here. No issues with the order or the install. And then 3 weeks later my engine imploded!! =-) Not due to the filter of course but I just thought I would throw it in there to make some folks laugh...

George T. - half way to IL.. (Amarillo, TX)

djblade311 said:
Per the Jeep God, all the Inner Diameters for the XJ is 1 1/4. I'd assume it would be the same for TJs but Robert hopefully you can confirm that one.

I will probably be placing the order sometime later next week or the week after that. I have to fly out to Illinois for my grandfathers funeral this weekend and wont be back till Tuesday.

Johnny, since you ordered the 1.5", do you want me to count you in for a 1.25"?

Before I place the order and once I get the confirmed unit price based on the bulk qty, I might have everyone help pay for them in advance since the total amount adds up quickly and I wont wanna be left hanging with a huge credit card bill. :)
Josh, I will pay you for it by paypal does that work for you?

Back