• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's HD Trackbar and Frame Mount Install

XJay96

NAXJA Forum User
Well it finally came by UPS. At first glance I was amazed. Everyone always talks about how Rusty's stuff is low end RE stuff, well I have seen RE's HD trackbar and frame mount and I would say even this rivals it.
IMG_1207.jpg

The install was a bit tricky. Everything came apart quite smoothly until I got to the one bolt on the bottom near the back. It was a round nut, with no way to get a hold of it unless you had a set of vice grips, cuz it wasnt welded down to the bracket.
IMG_1211.jpg

After I got it off with a set of vice grips it was finally time to take the old trackbar and bracket off, I compared it to the new one and MAN....
IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

Next came the part that busted up my hands, putting the new trackbar mount on....
IMG_1218.jpg

Now keep in mind my Jeep has been totaled once before, rolled over and had some frame work done to it, so my problem may not be yours. The bottom two bolts didnt go in very easy, it took some convincing with my good ol' 10 and a halfs.... :rockz:

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

Once I got it all bolted up it was time to road test it.

Its a completely different feel than before, I dont know if its because of the new mount or the sheer size of this new bar, but my long problem with deathwobble at 55 is finally deminished to a sheer vibe, probably just alignment.

If you are cursed with DW then I would seriously recomend this upgrade, and at a lower cost than RE.

I didn't find it too much. Thought it was a right nice write up. I did it 2 years ago. I would recommend some locktite on the through frame bolts (Nuts in the fender well) as mine kept loosing up and making a terrible racket. No effect on the steering, just a god awful noise that took a while to trace.

How much lift do you have on your rig? For some reason I thought the Track bar Drop Bracket was longer then stock but looking at the pix they look about the same. This is an upgrade I was going to do but wasn't sure becasue of the DB Length. Now I am sure and will get this done this summer.

Nice write up and thanks....

Last edited:
I have about 3in of lift on my Jeep, the bar works and donesnt interfere with anything, but I would recomend somthing a littler larger than 3in.

XJay96 said:
I have about 3in of lift on my Jeep, the bar works and donesnt interfere with anything, but I would recomend somthing a littler larger than 3in.

Looks good! I went with JKS's, with stock bracket. You are definitely right that anything is much better than stock. The difference in the two is that the JKS adj part is on the axle end. I'm still having trouble getting it to center the axle though. I think I need to shorten the tbar, b/c the wheels are still sticking out the passenger side :mad:

Back