• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS 1998 Cherokee Sport 2dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB9YZU

NAXJA Forum User
This machine has been very good to me over the years, but it is time to sell it.

Basics:
1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 2 Door 4.0L, Manual 5spd, PS, PB
A/C, Cruise Control, AM/FM/Cassette
Part-Time 4WD D30/8.25 w/factor LSD in back. 3.07 Gears
Upcountry Suspension Group. Factory skid plates all around.
Factory Tow hooks in front.
Factory Tow Package (2" Receiver with Factory round plug).
201,000 Miles. Engine still runs nicely and burns no oil.

Factory Side moldings were deleted when I got it. Color is Gloss Black below bumper body line.
Replaced Factory Steel Wheels with a set of Canyon Wheels from a Wrangler and they are wrapped in a set of BFG 30X9.5X15 ATs ( 1.5 years old).

I lifted it 2-3". Used Rough County 3" Coils up front, bastard pack made of YJ springs out back. Rough Country " lift shocks front, Monroe stock replacements out back.

Drivers side 1/2 axle went bad on the D30, so there is a Yukon shaft in there (It's the spare I had at the time ;) )

The Rockers rusted though, so I replaced them with pieces of 1/8" straight and angle mild steel. I doubt they will rust out again.
On Pass side Door Sill, There was a rust hole on the back corner, patched.

There was a rust hole above the drivers side on roof, repaired it, not right color. There was also a rust spot on the pass side rear 1/4, repaired, not right color.

There were a couple of holes in the rear wheel well (Rust though) at the lower 1/4 that I simply patched when I got it to keep water/dirt out and to keep it from getting worse. The patches are still there.

Floors looked solid the last time I was under the Jeep. The muffler sometimes rattles at idle even though it is only a couple years old.

picture.php

More Pix HERE >> http://www.naxja.org/forum/album.php?albumid=372

Looking for $1,900 or reasonable offer AS-IS.
Needs nothing to drive for some time. I DD it now.
This would make a great DD, resto project, or trail rig.

Last edited:
Will you consider any trades or is this cash only?

I could always use another 97+ 2dr as a backup DD. gotta check funding, but I think I just may come take it.

Lol. Because of the shorter wheel base right? Lol jk

didnt happen to sell to some people in Missouri did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back