• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Staying at 3" lift, JKS trackbar or Kevin's offroad?

deskjockey

NAXJA Forum User
I need a new trackbar. The TRE on the oem one is shot. I figured since I've been at 3" now for over three years I might as well upgrade to an adjustable one so that I can center my axle. My concern...I live in Michigan and the only wheeling availiable is sand, mud, and snow. Is the JKS unit going to last a long time and hold up to the conditions and salted roads here? I noticed Kevin's unit has a rubber bushing on each end, for the adjustbable unit that accompanies his new bracket. I'm looking to cure some of my bumpsteer, as well as some wheel shimmy that I get around 50-55mph.

I used to have a JKS adjustable on my XJ, ran it for a couple of years. Good kit, it held up well. For a 3-5" lift, I'd cheerfully put on another one. The only reason I don't have it on is that I welded on an OAB bracket and had to build a new trackbar.

I still have the JKS trackbar in the garage, all it needs is the little tapered shim, otherwise it's complete. Hit me back channel if you're interested.

I just put a Kevin's Trackbar Conversion Kit on my '99 and like it. It was easy to install, and works well. A little pricey, but I think it's worth it.

Not positive but make sure Kevin's will go down to a 3" lift.

Either one is a great TB, quality made stuff!!!!!!!!!! :eyes:

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
Not positive but make sure Kevin's will go down to a 3" lift.

Either one is a great TB, quality made stuff!!!!!!!!!! :eyes:

hinkley

Good call, Mr Hinkley

I have Kevin's WJ style. At ~4 1/2" it's set just about as short as it will go.

Hmmm... I don't see one for WJ's on his site, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Anyway, I have the one for XJ's and ZJ's and I just went out in the garage and looked, and I've got 3.5" of lift on the front, and I have a good solid 1/2" of thread on the end beyond the jamb nut.
It might be close, but I think it'd work on 3", best thing to do is ask Kevin.
He could probably even add a few threads if you ask...

When I put on Kevin's conversion it used a JKS trackbar for a WJ. The only part Kevin actually manufactured was the frame side bracket to change the mount to fit the WJ bar. I've had it on a little more than a year and it's been great. It allows for more axle droop with the new frame side mount.

roke40 said:
When I put on Kevin's conversion it used a JKS trackbar for a WJ. The only part Kevin actually manufactured was the frame side bracket to change the mount to fit the WJ bar. I've had it on a little more than a year and it's been great. It allows for more axle droop with the new frame side mount.

what he said

plus, I wrapped my trackbar, drag link, tie-rod and drive shafts with pool noodles. It protects your head when you're under the Jeep working on stuff and also makes the parts look beefier.

If you order one ask if they can build you a brace like fulltraction makes for theirs. It uses the bolt for the upper TB bushing to hold a bar that bolts again to the other side of the jeep mush like the powersteering pump braces.
If you start flexxing alot then your trackbar bracket will most likely start moving back against the frame.

Back