• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

computer question

deesiexj

NAXJA Forum User
ok, im thinking about getting a refurbished laptop, or even a cheap new one, that i can take around with me. i have a good desktop system, so this wont be my primary computer, just for travel and on campus work. does anyone have any suggestions of good places to look, or anything like that? thanks!

AZRockRunner said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

seriously tiger direct has the worst service ever and their prices really aren't that great on notebooks. Try the MFR outlet sites Dell and HP both have them and seem to have pretty decent deals.

I got an hp refurb... it was an older style but for what I paid I got about twice the bang of what a shiny new model would have cost me... also did the 0 intrest 0 payments for a year.. worked for me

J&R music world, IBM
http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.process?N=19293+400936&Ne=400000#Brand
The nice thing about the refurb IBM's is they come with a warranty once you register for it. They put ONE memory stick in so you can double the memory without having to buy two the gorillas do this even on their new ones hp/dell/compaq put two SMALL sticks in to get rid of old stuff [they do that in their new machines too]. New IBM's only use one stick.
I bought a T30 w/2.0ghz P4, xp, CD burner, 256meg, got if for $349 as I had a coupon some guy was handing out in front of the store :D
Added 2 1 gig sticks when staples had a sale, bought a NEW DVD burner in the smarbay carrier for $80 and grabbed a wireless card from a Dell I was trashing.

Back