• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

detroit electrac ... still around?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I saw this thread when I was researching the Electrac to see if they ever brought it back to market since this thread 9 years ago. Anyway, since then I have owned a few Jeeps, one was a 95 YJ on 33s with a tiny lift with a Detroit ElecTrac front and full case Detroit rear and 4.10 gears. Been to Uwharrie with it a few times and tons of off-road use over course of 2 years (no longer own it). The LSD in the ElecTrac was phenomenal, I almost NEVER needed to lock the front. I did lock it on a few occasions and never had an issue. You can tell when you put the diff cover on though that it is a delicate unit. I wish they still made it, next rig I own will have a full case detroit rear and a true track front due to how effective the ElecTrac's hellical LSD was

Back