• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Duct Tape!!!

You mean to tell me you guys don't have duct tape available for trail repairs? Personally, I think they should have used JB Weld ...

Les

Okie Terry said:
JBweld is a conpiracy to put all of the welders out of work.
You got it man ... hell, I've completely repaired the fragile under belly of my Jeep using the stuff. How the hell do you think I survived re-entry from Sweatfest ... pulled the plug out and ... wallah ... poke in some JB Weld.

Les

LBEXJ said:
You got it man ... hell, I've completely repaired the fragile under belly of my Jeep using the stuff. How the hell do you think I survived re-entry from Sweatfest ... pulled the plug out and ... wallah ... poke in some JB Weld.

Les
Man, that's almost quotable.

I watched a news segment about some of the "tools" the engineers came up with for them to repair the shuttle with. It was something like this:

"Here we have the hacksaw blade duck taped to a stick, we can use it to cut away the damaged tiles. Now, we can use this putty knife which I found in my basement and included on the mission to pull them out..."

That was my reaction anyway, you think with all the $ thrown at the space program you wouldn't have "filler material" sticking out in the first place. Good luck to them.

bajacalal said:
... you think with all the $ thrown at the space program you wouldn't have "filler material" sticking out in the first place ...
I bet if someone lit your rear end and hoisted you up into space as many time as that shuttle has, you'd have a bit of "filler material" hangin' out ... don't ya think?

Les

LBEXJ said:
I bet if someone lit your rear end and hoisted you up into space as many time as that shuttle has, you'd have a bit of "filler material" hangin' out ... don't ya think?

Les
I figured they did a ground-up resto before letting it go this time.
Maybe all they did was give it a Maaco and some new seats.

2,000 degree tape?

the-14002.jpg

Does anyone know how it gets under there?

Okie Terry said:
Man, that's almost quotable.
I've been looking to update my sig.
Thanks Les

Back