• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4WD shop in W. MA

Beatjeep

NAXJA Forum User
ANyone know of a good 4wd shop in western mass that will install axle shims? I have been going through ujoints like no tomorrow and I need those axel shims as soon as possible!!

TIA

Install them yourself and save the money. All you need is a floor jack, jackstands and a 3/4 inch wrench. Take your tires off and loosen your ubolts and put the shims in. Hope this helps.
Matt

xjman88 said:
Install them yourself and save the money. All you need is a floor jack, jackstands and a 3/4 inch wrench. Take your tires off and loosen your ubolts and put the shims in. Hope this helps.
Matt

more to it than that.... "proper" shims will be secured in place with the leaf pack center bolt.. cheap/cheesy aluminum ones might have a big hole in it for the head of the center bolt but at that point the head of the center bolt isnt securely located in the spring perch on the axle and the clamping of the U bolt is all that is holding it where it is. will that hold? i'm sure it does for alot of people. proper fix? not at all..

(you have another PM)

Back