• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

37's on D44 or D60

Paul S said:
In defense of Warn's hubs (which I agree look like junk metal), your front tire was bound-up enough to stall your winch. Something had to let go.

Paul

Yes, I was in a bad weggie. I'm going to post some pics of both hubs
tomorrow. Looking at it today, the Fords look much better

Warn is on the left
i116535214_86533.jpg

David Taylor said:
Warn is on the left
i116535214_86533.jpg

Is that a broken Warn hub compared to a unbroken stock OEM Ford hub? I haven't broke yet, then again I have wheeled just under a day on the Con since my build up. :laugh3:

I run the unbreakable "clear" shafts on my D44

33's

ran them all summer, no problems

Mike L said:
So who out there has upgraded to 37"s since the last post a few months ago? Have any of you finished your projects and gotten them out on the trail yet?
How about d44, 36" IROKS+heavy foot+stock shafts=
DSCF0595.jpg

I have installed the drivers side superior and ctm. When I went on this run, was still waiting on the long side superior.

XJ_ranger said:
I run the unbreakable "clear" shafts on my D44

33's

ran them all summer, no problems
really? got any more info on those things?

Well, pretty much sounds like any one running bigger than 35's have swapped in a D44. I'm running 37" MT/R's on a stock rear D44 and the stock D30 up front! I know it's just a matter of time before I break an axle. That's why I carry 2 spares per side. I've wheeled it pretty hard and haven't broke it yet, but I still go prepared. My question is what will break first, shafts or joints? Thanks again guys. Love the site!!

Bill

Big Red said:
Is that a broken Warn hub compared to a unbroken stock OEM Ford hub? I haven't broke yet, then again I have wheeled just under a day on the Con since my build up. :laugh3:

Yes. Good to know your junk will be well tested before JV. I'm sure you have the bugs worked out.

David Taylor said:
Yes. Good to know your junk will be well tested before JV. I'm sure you have the bugs worked out.

I'm not going to make JV this year.

Ramsey said:
really? got any more info on those things?

think about it

it'll come to you...

nwjeeper91 said:
Well, pretty much sounds like any one running bigger than 35's have swapped in a D44. I'm running 37" MT/R's on a stock rear D44 and the stock D30 up front! I know it's just a matter of time before I break an axle. That's why I carry 2 spares per side. I've wheeled it pretty hard and haven't broke it yet, but I still go prepared. My question is what will break first, shafts or joints? Thanks again guys. Love the site!!

Bill

First the caps will spit out like this:

u-joint.jpg

and then the splines will twist like this:

twistedsplines.jpg

and if you escape axle breakage for a while (it's not a question of "if", it's a question of "when"), you'll for sure be bending tie rods like pretzels if you do any kind of wheeling at all. I bent at least four tierods before the upgrade to the 44 and 1 ton steering.

Back