• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 xj sport 5.3 swap

ordered some replacement 7/8 heims for my 3 link, theyre getting sloppy and makig a lot of noise

also ebayed a used a/c compressor and some line adapters

the new PS pump whines a bit at 1500rpm+ but it works fine, steering feels better around town. i'm guessing that just because the pump is running faster with the smaller pulley at lower rpms.

what kind of compressor are you using?

Mine leaked....still leaks. Try the redline, honestly. It will quite the pump and slow the leaks.

the sad thing is that it was a new reman durango box 2 years ago. thinking of going for a high dollar one when i replace it

its got a lot of slop

ill give the red line a shot, i need to fiddle with the PS cooler lines a bit to get the aux fan to fit and add a filter any how

Try using some of the motorcraft
XL3 friction modifier. Some ford guys swear by it in ps system. I have used some in my MJ.

ordered a new condenser and drier today along with a trans temp gauge

gonna hopefully get a/c in this thing going with in the next couple weeks

lost a shift solenoid on the way to work today, yanked the ones from my spare 4l60e and swapped em in after work

i about had a heart attack when i thought my trans went out again

fluid still looked and smelled great tho..i mean it doesnt smell great..but it.. yall know what i mean..

Interested to hear how you did the wiring for the ac. I'm in the beginning stages of my 6.0 ls swap in my 2001. Ac is something I've never done. If you could post some pictures, that would be awesome!

its not to hard. i wired it like factory gm

low pressure switch wired into the pcm

clutch control from the pcm to jeep relay

a/c clutch relay to gm a/c clutch on compressor

12v from hvac controls thru the high press. cutoff switch into gm pcm pin for a/c request

waiting on a compressor fitting to finish the lines. had it charged on sunday and the crimp fitting blew

man what a freaking nightmare i had getting the a/c functioning in this damn thing!

went tro use my OE lines, part of the jeep compressor broke off in the suction line, bought a replace ment then tor the hard line tweaking it into place, bought a replacement suction line crimped a different fitting on it and it leaked like a siv. tweaked the dicharge line into place, then it melted thro form touching the header, cut it and crimped a fitting on the oe hose, then the hose exploded while charging it. bought a hose kit an made custom suction/discharge hoses, then my condenser blew out, replaced it and that blew out, got all that woring and the a/c clutch relay died. currently works but low on refrigerant.

UUUUHHHHHHHHHh

currently waiting on a new driver side unit bearing since its wobbling and making a lot of noise

also developed a cold start lifter tick and im losing coolant with no visible leaks so im thinking ive got a cracked head, its a 706 casting :/

mom still has my jetta, so im kinda screwed

I'm in the midst of similar in my S10- I've GOT to have AC again- it's been 23 years since I've had AC and driving my son's 97 spoiled me.

I am planning on taking the OEM manifold that is cast into the factory fittings, cutting the lines off and tapping for a large JIC fitting. Then I'll find lines that are suitable for the chemistry and pressure of refrigerant, and build lines with JIC field-serviceable ends.

In my case I am merely using all GM hardware- compressor and condensor- but I've stuffed a V8 where a V6 belongs, and moved things around, so I don't have a factory fitment to work from.

Hey man, really wanting to read through this build to help me in my future endeavors but I can't see the images because of a photobucket error. Not sure if it's your side or mine. Any help so I can glean some info would be appreciated!

Photobucket is basically holding people's picsw cor ransom- pay $400/year for offsite linking or it won't work.

That's what is going on. View Source of the images seperately and you can get to them.

I found solution for the "lost" pics - just install Photobucket Embedded Image Fix into Chrome browser and all the pics are visible again :spin1:

your the best! didnt know this existed!

installed and all the pics are working on my computer at least

no change in the jeep really, other than a trans line exploding on the highway. bought a newer car as a daily so its been on the back burner. plus ive been working 2 jobs trying to save for a house so all my time and money are diverted to that

your the best! didnt know this existed!

installed and all the pics are working on my computer at least

no change in the jeep really, other than a trans line exploding on the highway. bought a newer car as a daily so its been on the back burner. plus ive been working 2 jobs trying to save for a house so all my time and money are diverted to that

that's why mine has taken so long. Bought a house and had a kid.

Back