• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ISO XJ Wagoneer side markers

Cherokee Chick

NAXJA Forum User
Hi. I have a xj wagoneer with dual headlights. I am in search of side markers for it. I have tried all the usual places, so I am down to looking for someone who is parting one out.

The waggy side markers are not available aftermarket and are very hard to find. I have only ever found them at the junkyard a few times and that's going to be your best bet.

I had no problem buying them new on ebay a few years back.

As I am sure you know, the wagoneer side marker assy is taller than the Cherokee. So measure the height and call rock auto and ask them to measure what they have before you buy them.

Ecomike, you got super lucky.
Mine is a 88. I know the ones Rock Auto has are the regular shorty ones.
Found a guy in Idaho with them, but we can't seem to figure out a way to pay for them and me not get the product. I usually use paypal, but he won't try to set it up.

I suspect the computer data bases and photos have gotten screwed up as there must have been 25 sources to buy them aftermarket about 8 years ago for $5 to $10 each. Somebody must still have them. Have you tried quadrtech, 4WD, teamCherokee, Morris 4x4 and all our sponsors here?

I don't know about after market, I seriously doubt it since nothing that's wagoner exclusive (not on a Cherokee) is available.

Car-part.com will have a used list.

I'd be happy if there is aftermarket available.

I'd grab the new / nos mopar while you can.
Some of the parts I got ten years ago are unavailable now.

Edit; yikes eBay has some (of the one side ) for over $50 with shipping

Let me know if you find any at these sites, I may just want to buy a spare set after you get yours.

You've done yeomans work on this Ecomike!

Well I am an old timer at searching and hacking that predates Google LOL. Glad I could help if any of them actually have them.

Well I am an old timer at searching and hacking that predates Google LOL. Glad I could help if any of them actually have them.

I have soft spot for the old wagoneers, my first jeep.

I kind of doubt any of those nos are actually in stock. Last year I tried to pick up somethings for the rebuild of my 85 Wagoneer, order went through to be cancelled the next day. Actually that has been the case most of the parts I've tried to get from the factory for years.

Sounds like my Wagoneer is worth 10 times more as parts than as a running DD.

I hear we eat our own LOL.

Whenever I found a wagoner at a JY I'd need to make several trips to load up the car up :)
Only ever found two , 98% are Cherokees.
First thing I had to find for mine when I bought it was another tail light, where i was in Colorado there was not another wagoner in a JY or tail light available for to be had for over 100 miles. Lived with the Cherokee taillight it came with until I went home some time later.

Almost like to find another wagoneer some day to keep it as pure a Wagoneer as possible. mine has been modified so many times usually because parts like a 3.73 ratio axel (that worked!) were impossible to find. No idea which year my front seats are out of, rear seats are 86 Wagoneer limiter with leather or what passed for leather trimmed seat back then. But by god my tail lights are correct for a wagoneer and matching damnit! :)

I guess mine was before the 4 headlights or somebody swapped the header after an accident or something .

Back