• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Filarski Bros. Baja 1000 Prep

Just a question about the fuel system - what type of filter do you use for the fuel pumps? A friend is building his rallye rig over here in Germany and doesn´t find anything usable at the local suppliers.

TIA!

Light Force hooked us up with a box of love. 4 new HID's, some 9" ambers for the bumper and 2 4" amber and blue lights for the back.:wierd:

Everyone's seen the guy shooting a 22mm rifle at these lights without breaking the lense before, so no worries of Rocks busting up expensive lights like the old HID's we had.

22mm eh? thats a pretty big cannon!

i assume you meant .22 caliber... sorry i had to. that is pretty impressive, i have not seen that, and will now have to go look it up.

Just a question about the fuel system - what type of filter do you use for the fuel pumps? A friend is building his rallye rig over here in Germany and doesn´t find anything usable at the local suppliers.

TIA!

I'm not sure of the manufacturer. I get them from Kartek in Riverside Ca.
They are the blew canaster's in the pic and use a replacable Fram filter part number.
IMG01743.jpg

you guys work FAST! Nice updates! I really like your beatch bar and spare mounting, gonna have to emulate:). Good luck with the rest!

No problem. I have an old race hub with 9/16" studs in it and they fit in the stock holes, but I don't know what the studs originally came off of. At first I thought they were the Superduty 14mm but double checked and they are definitely 9/16".

You guys have never broke a stud? We lost all of them (the 1/2 - 20) on one wheel at Henderson years ago and switched after that, I just don't know who on my team did it.

Chris

Lots of little things got done today. The kind where you dont see progress but you know you made some. You all know what I'm talking about...

Motor oil and filter got changed. Trans oil and filter got changed. rebuilt all the Spherical bearings on the front links.
Put new 1-1/4 heims in the lower links.
IMG01778.jpg

Scott Parker from Rock Buggy Supply came over again to help out (Huge thanks to Scott)
He's been a huge help.
IMG01793.jpg

Got the new Light Force bumper lights back on and wired up.
IMG01794.jpg

We baught a Ready Welder to keep in the car. It was deffinitely not in the budget but you never know when it may come in handy...

It came in a huge carrying case that just didnt seem to fit anywhere in the car. I was in Sears looking for a tool box and came across the perfect solution for the Ready Welder.

It fits my helmet and everything else involved with the welder.
IMG01792.jpg

Made a quick mount tonight to strap it in and viola! out of the way and tucked in nice.
IMG01796.jpg

IMG01800.jpg

IMG01799.jpg

Lots of little things got done today. The kind where you dont see progress but you know you made some. You all know what I'm talking about...

Yup.

Where you're standing in front of the Jeep feeling proud and your wife comes up and says "What did you do today, I don't see anything different."

Then you just go cry. :banghead:

Back