• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I was never good at fitting a square peg in a round hole.

XJ91

NAXJA Forum User
I got new DTS3000 shocks with my lift and been trying to figure out how to get the bar pin??? in...

That thing with two flat ends, for mounting the rear shocks up top.

How the hell do I get it through the bushing? I've tried to remove the bushing with no luck, is there a trick to this?

Brute force helps.

So does a bench vise and maybe some Vaseline or silicone grease.

Bevel the ends with a grinder(if they aren't already). Note how the one in the package has square ends, bevel them like the one below it, it helps quite a bit.
URF%20BPEE.jpg

Jes

Jes said:
Bevel the ends with a grinder(if they aren't already). Note how the one in the package has square ends, bevel them like the one below it, it helps quite a bit.

Jes

Great ThanX, that's a great idear.

I tried the brute force using my vice but that did not work..

I also take a hammer and bend the ends together on one end. Press it in, then splay them back out.

Pull the bushing, put the head on a open vise so the rim contacts the edge of the vise opening. Put a screwdriver through the bushing so the handle contacts the bushing. Pound the bushing out with a hammer by hitting the end of the handle of the screwdriver. To reassemble, grease the bushing inside and out with all purpose grease from your grease gun.

Back