• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado Chapter Kickoff Meeting Update

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
The Kickoff Meeting was a great success. Lots of people and rigs showed up. The official signup sheet showed 27 people/families signed in. It was nice to see such a good turnout on such a windy day.

The first order of business was election of officers:

President -Tom Houston (old_man)
Vice-President - Led Lancos (shortbus)
Secretary/Treasurer - Troy Betka (yellaheep)
- Joey Barone (xjk9bar1)

We discussed the upcomming Colorado NAXJA event this summer and everyone was excited.

Our thanks to JohnJohn / BigOffroad who ended up providing the hamburgers/hotdogs and drinks. He didn't want to make a big deal about it when the dealership dropped the ball, but I thought you all should know.

We will be getting the pictures up on the new website soon as they come back and I get the url's linked. I'll keep you posted.

Remember, this is your chapter, so your inputs are always appreciated.

Tom Houston (old_man)

WOW!!! Thanks JohnJohn! Sombody shoulda said sumpthin' though - you shouldn't have had to fork out the dough by yourself! First order of business shoulda been taking up a collection! :D

That truely was a great time - got to see some people I hadn't seen in a while. Can't wait 'till we get to 'wheel as a group!

Congratulations all! Looks like we're off to a good start!

This was a blast. I've only ever been the one or two of the xjs on a trail run or M&G type event, so to see so many modified rigs in one place was great. Thanks for the burgers. I had a long night so they helped out this morning. That and I forgot the digi cam. I so wanted to take some pics. Guess that is a good reason to meet up again soon.
Sent my info in for membership. Had been on the boards but with out a local chapter I never really wanted the full membership. Got some good Ideas on the direction of the build of my jeep.

Great time guys, Some nice XJ's as well. Can't wait to wheel with you all
John

I would like to say thanks to JohnJohn for the grub, Fred for cooking it up for us and to everyone else for coming out. It was great seeing some old faces meeting some new folks.

See ya on the trails
JoeyB

Nice to meet some new folks, and see everyone I knew.
Tom, I don't think I'm on your list, I was tied to the grill when you were collecting names. So I guess I'm number 28.

Fred

:party: Great time it was nice meeting up with everyone can't wait till ther is a next time..Henry
Tom I did not see a list to sign so count me in also

First thank to everyone that showed up!!! and a big thanks to JohnJohn for setting it all up!!! If we continue to have these kind of turn outs this should be a great chapter!!Now lets get this group together and Wheel !!!!
Led

Great meeting.Thanks John John for all the effort to put this together and for feeding all of us (thanks for manning the grill Fred).It was good to meet some new XJers and see some people I have not seen in a while.
Jeff

Sounds like I missed a great time. I hope to make the next one, But it's kinda hard coming from Grand Junction. When is the next meeting, and when we goin wheelin?!

I too had a great time seeing the faces behind the posts. Everyone there was great and willing to show every last detail of their rig. Tom will make a fantastic chapter president and as to meeing in Grand junction. I will be happy to take a drive over the top to meet there. I hope to see you all out on the trail.

Hoss

I am real happy we have something going on locally that is involved with NAXJA. It looks very promising.
Thanks JohnJohn for bringing the grub, and thanks to fred for cookin' it up for us.
Thanks again to JohnJohn for getting the ball rolling.
Peace,
Crunch

Had a great time!

And thanks to JohnJohn and Johnson's Auto Plaza.

:)

Would someone please contact me about Colorado chapter meetings, trail
rides, etc. How about an XJ swap meet? If your are like me you have a
lot of saleable stuff lying around.

Bill Powell #732 XAIRCAV screen name. 303-472-9740

XAIRCAV said:
Would someone please contact me about Colorado chapter meetings, trail
rides, etc. How about an XJ swap meet? If your are like me you have a
lot of saleable stuff lying around.

Bill Powell #732 XAIRCAV screen name. 303-472-9740

:patriot: Hey man, don't know if anybody's still reading this thread (last post b4 yours was 3-8), but keep checking the Colorado Chapter forums for updates on meetings, etc. I'll try to remember to alert you for the next meeting/outing by PM.
Meanwhile; whatcha got? I'm still building and upgrading mine (who isn't) and other than lift/tires/fenders/bumpers; still got alot I wanna do to it. Got a list of surplus items?
Cya on a trail soon- RJ

Back