• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XOMBIE 2.0

Not just any ZJ rims...but '93-'95 to be specific. '96-'98 were much nicer!

Same damn wheels that were on mine when I bought it. Don't look good on a late model XJ, IMO. Look much better on an earlier one.

Background Info: Donor vehicle is a 2001 Cash for Clunker with 89kmi, with that new Cherokee smell and still startup and ran before i began the process, and seeing that it was a C4C vehicle, I couldn't buy it as a whole, so I did the next best thing in preservation...

Donor before:
4864417881_8783bc7396_b.jpg

Donor After:
4865036434_bcf6db55ce_b.jpg

stay tuned....

I thought they dismantled all the C4C cars so that the engines would seize up... or crushed them? Such a waste of vehicles.

You didn't want the tail lights? I promise you'll break the ones you have if you actually wheel this thing.

What exactly ARE you doing to it? Can you give us a hint?

Paint it Lime green and put a zipper down the middle of it...

I thought they dismantled all the C4C cars so that the engines would seize up... or crushed them? Such a waste of vehicles.

You didn't want the tail lights? I promise you'll break the ones you have if you actually wheel this thing.

They ran sodium silicate through the oil to seize and ruin the motors. The rest of the cars were/are available for parts.

Sort of... you see, "pre-made, special" bottles of Sodium Silicate "Liquid Glass" became rare during the CARS program and dealers were more overwhelmed then expected, and got lazy too, and alot of the cars didn't get the lethal treatment, in fact alot of the clunkers haven't been crushed yet due to the high volume of scrap metal jamming up the system at salvage yards. I just got lucky here, and found a diamond in the grass, hidden by time.

as far as plans, not too much more than stock... for now.:rolleyes:

Sort of... you see, "pre-made, special" bottles of Sodium Silicate "Liquid Glass" became rare during the CARS program and dealers were more overwhelmed then expected, and got lazy too, and alot of the cars didn't get the lethal treatment, in fact alot of the clunkers haven't been crushed yet due to the high volume of scrap metal jamming up the system at salvage yards. I just got lucky here, and found a diamond in the grass, hidden by time.

as far as plans, not too much more than stock... for now.:rolleyes:

I woulda snuck back and took the whole damn thing. It was in good shape. Now, could you please tell us wtf you're doing?

Maybe Mark and I will get a preview this afternoon. We may be sworn to not tell. Kinda like Area 51.

I woulda snuck back and took the whole damn thing. It was in good shape. Now, could you please tell us wtf you're doing?
problem is, the VIN number is probably cursed now.

Other than that, I would grab the whole vehicle in a heartbeat if I could.

Every C4C vehicle has been crushed now up here, guess you guys got lucky...

Found this while working on the xombie today,

does anybody know what's wrong with this pic ?

4867071493_cb7c8f1bd9_b.jpg

While attempting to remove the screw on the side of the airbag cover, it popped open and revealed this. :eek:

I had a decent collection of codes when I bought my newest jeep... seem to recall solving 0443 and 0138 with a new upstream O2 sensor.

0705 means you're about to have some fun cleaning the NSS :party:

what the hell is 1491 though
thinking.gif

EDIT: nm I fixed 0443 by unplugging and reconnecting the evap purge solenoid. Dirty connector.

1491---Radiator fan control circuit problem

its never easy... P1491, P0443, P0705, P0138... blah, blah, blah

Sounds like fuse no 18 under the hood. The small fuse, its a 15 amp. worth a check. I got the same codes recently. It controls a lot of things, AC comp, Elec. fan, NSS also uses that fuse.

~ James

I should add that i have one heck of a "custom" wiring harness;

engine control = 2000 xj w/ federal emissions (at all altitudes)
pdc = 2001 with 50 state emission
dash driver side around steering column = 2001 with 50 state emission
dash on pass side = 1997 stock xj

everything in the cabin works like PW, PL, radio, air, all lights etc.

Issue 1, NO A/C compressor kick on:
I think the prob for the A/C not working now is that the 97 has a stock mechanical cable for the temp control on the hvac and the 2001 has a elec connector,

-i think the fix is to get the last chunk of wiring and fuse block from a 98 or newer and a newer heater core with a elec connector, that might take care of the open fan circuit p1491

Issue 2, emission
the 97 emission is very wacky at best, and i don't have all the parts for the 2001 emission so i think the 2001 wiring harness is telling the computer to look for something it doesn't have, my fix is to either replace the 2001 harness with a 99, or get all the emissions lines, (the only thing I'm lacking is the rear canister near the fuel tank, but its not present on all models)

issue 3, tranny
yeah gotta rebuild that damn NSS i suppose, starts up fine and reverse lights work but wont shift into overdrive sometimes, even after the TV adjustment

Thanks for the input,
KP

about to give up...

i swapped over a 2001 intake and injectors and now im getting a p0202

tried a bunch of stuff but this thing is taking up too much time

Last edited:
Back