• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Olive Drab

Just a few little thing i'v done.

Reinstalled my CB speaker

crossbasket7.jpg

And a Gentex177 autodim rearview with compass and temp, still need to wire it in. Picked up the pigtails and sensor today.

Gntx177.jpg

I have a ton of wiring to do. Switches for rooflights,spots, inverter, Fridge, fan, undercarriage lighting, 110 and 12v outlets etc. And i hate wiring because i dont understand it. :rolleyes:

Still need to get my rear swingaway built, extend the roofrack etc. Got nowhere this summer it seems like.

Just a few little thing i'v done.

And a Gentex177 autodim rearview with compass and temp, still need to wire it in. Picked up the pigtails and sensor today.

Gntx177.jpg

I have a ton of wiring to do. Switches for rooflights,spots, inverter, Fridge, fan, undercarriage lighting, 110 and 12v outlets etc. And i hate wiring because i dont understand it. :rolleyes:

Still need to get my rear swingaway built, extend the roofrack etc. Got nowhere this summer it seems like.
what did you find the mirror in? i want one too....altho I still can't find a soundbar....

Got it off ebay, came from a 97 Tahoe.

I went back this am to grab a soundbar i saw yesterday, someone beat me to it. I'll PM you next time i get one.

If you need help/want explanations with wiring shoot me a PM or something - if you were in the NNAC instead of the SNAC I'd offer to just show up and help out.

Thanks for the offers guys, i think i'll be ok with some good advice as i go. Been watching Craigslist and Ebay for a Xantrex 1000 or 1200 watt power inverter, i'll find one sooner or later. Then the real wiring begins.

Picked this lil beauty up awhile ago, an Engel 45L fridge/freezer. Once i do some floor repair and make a storage comp/platform i'll be looking at fabbing up a drop down fridge slide.

misc22.jpg

This thread should be closed!

its depressing.. im always thinkin "ohh i want that!" on every page.

This thread should be closed!

its depressing.. im always thinkin "ohh i want that!" on every page.

Good, that means there isnt too much fluff then. I feel the same way when i read ehall's Beater thread.

Got enough camo there cowboy?
:cheers:

Almost... :cheers:

So, once i do get the power inverter i'm going to use the cubby hole to the right of the Fridge to mount the inverter and have all my outlets, 12v and 110. With a second fuel filler door cut into the pass side quarter to have the 110 outlets behind that as well.

I think i'll use this 12v outlet with the twist lock so nothing can vibrate loose/out.

http://www.amazon.com/Marine-Grade-..._4?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1254773460&sr=1-4

Anyone know a source for a compact 110v waterproof twin outlet? All i keep finding is the outside deck type.

With a second fuel filler door cut into the pass side quarter to have the 110 outlets behind that as well.
That is going to confuse the crap out of anyone who tries to siphon your gas tank.

My apologies, i havent been working on the XJ like i was. In the next few months i'll be rebuilding the transfercase, bearings and seals in the rear 44 and just a few things to get me through a trip to Utah and Colorado this coming September.

Then shortly afterwords i'll be stripping the XJ... and building a ZJ.

Back