• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock-ish Wheels for my XJ

i like the ones i was able to get from the parts master in littleton :)

photo-67.jpg

Ah dang, your the one who got those! FYI they are called the Silverstars and I love em too!

I really don't mean to offend here, so please don't take it that way.

But am I the only one who sees the soft 8's and thinks they just look terrible?

To me the soft 8's scream cheap(and not a good cheap, more like a I'm a person who cannot afford basic maintenance and wants different wheels mullet cheap).

To me the soft 8's scream cheap(and not a good cheap, more like a I'm a person who cannot afford basic maintenance and wants different wheels mullet cheap).

Some times cheap is good. I have a set on mine and if I rash them up, no worries. Easy to replace and they don't break the bank if I need to do it.

Some times cheap is good. I have a set on mine and if I rash them up, no worries. Easy to replace and they don't break the bank if I need to do it.

Thats why we run them, we go through several wheels a year due to rock hits on the trail. Alloy wheels would just break and then be hard to find or cost way to much to replace and tear up again.

My $.02 and real life experience!

I bought my soft 8s because i am too cheap to afford basic maintenance...:dunce:
Really i just liked the fact that they are cheap/easy to replace.
And i thought they looked nice on my dark green XJ.

...and i have tinted tails....:shhh:

I'm stuck with the painted steelies my Jeep left Toledo with- not the biggest fan of soft 8s, although I think the larger diameter looks really good on postal's. I personally prefer the 5 spoke alloys, but if I were beating mine on the trails every week, I'd be running the cheapest rims I could find. Actually, I am, I guess. Dang.

I don't like Soft 8s, but I got the Grizzlies for the ZJ for the price of Soft 8s, so I am not complaining. I'm just waiting for someone to trade me their TJ Rubicon wheels for a set of soft 8s.. and... why are they soft?

I am an ECCO fan myself. Though i painted my Moabs Black.
DSCN3033.jpg

AND AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS NEVER SEEN A FREEDOM XJ? ZLUSTER IS THE ONLY PERSON IVE EVER SEEN WITH THEM.

Back