• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep 2500 Parts... I found them here...

The 2500 bumper is nothing more than a plastic overlay for a steel bumper.

U hit the nail straight on the head Chris:compwork: .
I believe You explained it better..

So there is no misconception that the stock one does not work as per some people might.. imagine.:read:

So when are u sending those 2500 badges my way ??? :)

I'm right next to the Dodge dealership......... if you'll put em on, I'll go and get a set :) I think they will look to big on a XJ/MJ.

Last edited:
Here is the latest from BajaMJ.
mj2500_6.jpg

mj2500_2.jpg

Need a side view of how it was integrated into the front guards and how it was done please.

If you're having cooling problems with the stock grille you might wanna fix your junk.

Gojeep said:
Need a side view of how it was integrated into the front guards and how it was done please.

Once done installing and finishing ; I'll be posting a DIY tread with the whole install experience ( including mistakes) .

Since I'll be disassembling all back and painting and setting with new mounting hardware..

:laugh3:

zluster said:
what did you use to hold the headlights in?

Once I fittted the headlight in the header.. little cutting in the back and finnesing on the outer side.. I drilled a couple of holes on the top on the header panel to drive a couple of screws to the setting holes provided on the headlamp..

For the two setting studs provided and set on the back of the headlamp assy.; I just got some rubber gromets and set them in the header holes provided for that , and the studs set right in..:thumbup:
Regards.

BajaMJ said:
Once I fittted the headlight in the header.. little cutting in the back and finnesing on the outer side.. I drilled a couple of holes on the top on the header panel to drive a couple of screws to the setting holes provided on the headlamp..

For the two setting studs provided and set on the back of the headlamp assy.; I just got some rubber gromets and set them in the header holes provided for that , and the studs set right in..:thumbup:
Regards.

Any new pics Gerry?

This is sort of related because there are plenty of people in this thread taking apart their front ends (even though I don't have the 2500 front end...yet). I removed the big plastic grille/headlight/front end cover piece and all of the parts mounted to it, thus exposing the radiator and the headlight wiring harness. In the process I broke three of the four bolts that hold that big front end cover piece in place. How do I get to the back side of the bolts? They look like they're inside the fender area and feeling around from underneath, I kinda got the impression that they might have been studs and not bolts because they aren't moving and I can't feel a bolt head back there.

They're studs. I broke a bunch of mine off trying to clean up my beater. What I did was grind them flat, drill small holes, and then use #10 self-tappers to affix the header panel back to the fenders. That was a while ago and the screws are still holding fine.

tcm glx said:
Any new pics Gerry?

Hey Tony :greensmok . actually I've got a few of the build , but I'm trying to get them in sort of order to place in a DIY tread so as others start retrofitting .; we can compare notes on such. and find the "better" way to fit this clip..

I'm on beer duty for the rest of the week. So as all may understand it is a delicate task that requires my utter most attention..:cheers:

Go Jeep : This pix ain't pretty but . may help in the mean time..

Excuse the "dirty wk" I'm by no means a Fab Wiz and these are temporary fenders so excuse the cut + no lip roll .:)

Just made a template of the headlamp already installed in the header , i attached header ; adjusted template accordingly to fender and .. done...

The bottom half that surrounds the head lamp and that the stock fenders lack... well a matter on cutting a countoured piece of metal But leave some extra metal to bend at 90Deg and install / affix to the lower flat end at the fender.. ..

I did mention I'm no Fab Wiz. :confused1 ( I'd just wish I'd be)
Ehall- Those header studs are also PIA in the 2500 header.:cry:

103_4057.jpg

Peace.:cheers:

Last edited:
Ok for those who got the parts last time how much on average was shipping once the stuff made it here to the states? I have no idea what it will cost and a few have asked.

REDXJ4FUN said:
Ok for those who got the parts last time how much on average was shipping once the stuff made it here to the states? I have no idea what it will cost and a few have asked.

Damn man, I told you how to figure out the shipping cost a few pages back.

1- You need to get the order figured out.
2- Submit order and get shipping cost to port of your choice.
3- Take shipping cost and total parts "volume" ordered and break it down that way.
Example from our order:
We ordered 17.296 cbm/ctn of stuff
Our shipping was $400.00/US
4- Now take the "cbm/ctn" of each part on the order
Example:
(1) set of head lamps would be 0.432 cbm/ctn each or the pair would be 0.864 cbm/ctn
So taking the numbers above we would get this;
$400 (shipping cost) divided by 17.296 (volume)= $23.13 (cost per cbm/ctn)
So back to the pair of head lights, $23.13(cost per cbm/ctn) divided by .864(volume)= $26.77(cost to ship headlights).

On my personal order I had 6.572 cbm/ctn volume my shipping was $151.98 total.
Things you need to take into account are;
1- How much PayPal takes out if going that route.
2- Port/Storage Fee's at the docks (you have 10 to days to P/U or pay dearly)
3- Shipping to the people who bought from you
4- Packaging the stuff up to the people. The header panel needs a custom box, I checked with a local company and they wanted $20/ea for them. I found something that worked, but I only had to ship 3 of them.
5- Just your fuel cost to do all the running around.
6- Don't plan on making any money on it, I sure the hell didn't but never planned on it.
7- Don't get such a huge order you need a broker to deal with the Customs shit. I did mine as a "personal use" import.

Now, on your order the numbers will be different but the same basic formula applies.
-Chris

Hey Chris that was very good. May I add juust one thing ? :)

:read: .......Patience.:confused1

Peace.
G.

BajaMJ said:
Hey Chris that was very good. May I add juust one thing ? :)

:read: .......Patience.:confused1

Peace.
G.

:) I know

Back