• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep 2500 Parts... I found them here...

xj88superjeep said:
Looks good zluster! I might get the front clip too. That all black grill is nice! Did you get the entire front clip?

I got everything but the "water proof" - it will not work for the MJ.

I decided they would look better out in the sun, so I went and took some more pics. Turns out they are way cooler looking out there:

MJ38.jpg

MJ39.jpg

MJ40.jpg

MJ41.jpg

MJ42.jpg

MJ43.jpg

MJ44.jpg

MJ45.jpg

MJ46.jpg

MJ47.jpg

MJ48.jpg

MJ49.jpg

MJ50.jpg

xj88superjeep said:
So did you split the freight charges between all the guys who ordered? I am over in the other thread with REDXJ to get in on the new order.

I added up the total volume of the parts ordered, then divided the total shipping costs by parts volume.... if that makes any sense. That way a guy who bought 1 set of taillights wouldn't get stiffed in the deal. Shipping cost is broke down by the room it takes up in a container.

Then when it gets to the US get ready to pay some more money for storage and handling fees. In our case for the quantity we ordered $220ish. That cost might be different due to the different ports and company's. Note that you have 10 days to pick it up when it gets here or they start hammering you on fees. But before you pick it up you have to go to Customs and have them 'stamp' your B/L and or either inspect it. I took care of the fees stateside because I was going to pay that if I did the order by myself.

Then when I picked it up in Seattle and got it back home (Spokane, WA), each of the people who purchased something paid the shipping to get it to their door. Some PayPaled me to do it and some sent tags for me to put on the box.
Let me know if I can answer any more questions.
-Chris

BonesBrosChris said:
I added up the total volume of the parts ordered, then divided the total shipping costs by parts volume.... if that makes any sense. That way a guy who bought 1 set of taillights wouldn't get stiffed in the deal. Shipping cost is broke down by the room it takes up in a container.

Then when it gets to the US get ready to pay some more money for storage and handling fees. In our case for the quantity we ordered $220ish. That cost might be different due to the different ports and company's. Note that you have 10 days to pick it up when it gets here or they start hammering you on fees. But before you pick it up you have to go to Customs and have them 'stamp' your B/L and or either inspect it. I took care of the fees stateside because I was going to pay that if I did the order by myself.

Then when I picked it up in Seattle and got it back home (Spokane, WA), each of the people who purchased something paid the shipping to get it to their door. Some PayPaled me to do it and some sent tags for me to put on the box.
Let me know if I can answer any more questions.
-Chris

Chris once again for getting all this setup, I really appreciate it. I am one happy camper right now.

The fact that its friday doesn't hurt either.

Hi again ;)

Here they are all fitted .. sorry for the dark / crappy pics .. just took them real quick after i finally ate some dinner. Ill get better pics tomorrow if you guys want :D

There is a gap at the bottom and bottom side of the taillight to the factory bumper ends. Its about a 1" gap. I think its a good idea to get some weather stripping and put it in there to fill it...

Album:
http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n57/CTschantz1/2500%20Parts/1st%20fit%20taillights/

The video we have all been waiting for ;):

Last edited:
zluster said:
Ya, or just install your bumper end caps and flares........

I only ordered 6 pieces

Both taillights, both headlights the header panel, and grill insert.

I'm going to be upgrading the bumpers with some jcr bumpers in the future.. so i didn't want to waste my time with the bumper stuff.

OH BTW!!!!

The sockets are a pain to get into the taillights. I had to grab a sharp model knife to "carve/finesse" the area in the lights where the sockets go. The socket hole itself was manufactured very poorly :p ... but you can get it to work just don't expect them to go right in and turn to lock.

Last edited:
You don't realize how much of a Jeep dork you are, until you notice how excited you are by the concept of a bunch of guys you've never met, putting foreign spec parts on their trucks.

Still, this is pretty damned interesting. Looking forward to the subsequent "XJ 2500ization build threads". [subtle]Hint.[/subtle]

Thats a negative on the fab skills ... I was thinking of riveting gloss black painted sheet metal to the bottom / sides to fill the gap .. but i dont want to ruin anything and i dont want it to look like shit. I think the round weather stripping will turn out ok...

Its actually not that bad now .. so we will see ;)

I might do some test fits of the header panel this weekend :D

Go with the weather stripping now for sure. When teh bumper comes in you can either continue to use the weather stripping or hook up with another NWC member who can figure something out for you.

hubs97xj said:
You don't realize how much of a Jeep dork you are, until you notice how excited you are by the concept of a bunch of guys you've never met, putting foreign spec parts on their trucks.

Still, this is pretty damned interesting. Looking forward to the subsequent "XJ 2500ization build threads". [subtle]Hint.[/subtle]

hahaha so true .. my neighbor came by while i was fitting the taillights... I got all excited explaining the process and showing him all my parts....

He appeared confused ::rof:

The lights look pretty cool in the video... what do you guys think?

Muad'Dib said:
hahaha so true .. my neighbor came by while i was fitting the taillights... I got all excited explaining the process and showing him all my parts....

He appeared confused ::rof:

The lights look pretty cool in the video... what do you guys think?

Still think the brakes should be top and bottom. You want them to be the most noticeable to prevent anyone wreaking those new taillights!
Just dont think they are that bright especially when you have four lots of parking lights on at the same time.

I'm interested in this swap as well, and am wondering if I can retain my stock fenders? or do I need the newer fenders? I'm in for any group buy that might be had, just let me know

-Pat

Back