• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How far does your winch bumper stick out?

mizedog

NAXJA Forum User
I'm just curious as to whether my winch bumper sticks out that much farther than other similar choices. For kicks, measure and post.

Mine:
Logan's 8" between the shackle mounts
P1010061.jpg

does anybody have an arb? im lookin at gettin one next spring and i would like to see more than just the arb magazine picture

Not with those bumper tie in brackets!
Could be better, could be worse.
P1010026-1.jpg

I wish they hadn't cut the to clear the fender support. I would rather have them come down to use the lowest bolts. But, this Jeep isn't meant for the Hammers. Been they, done that with the CJ (of course with no winch at all!).

It will look better with a winch and maybe
xjsinglehoopthmb.jpg
or something. The frame brackets are alot better than I thought. Approach angle is the thing that may suffer.

It would look a ton better if you used adjustable control arms and pushed you axle forward to where it should be. Most guys can push it forward even an inch or so forward of the stock position with no problems.
Your tires are sucking it to the backs of the fenders. Thats making the fenders grill and that bumper seem like they stick out alot farther than they do.

Hey, I sent you a PM asking for the design, and never got it. What was a guy supposed to do but buy bumper...???:tears:

[FONT=&quot]Sorry, I have never received a PM from you.
As for the design, what you see is what you get. I built it one piece at a time with a lot of time spent head scratching.
Written plans... well I have many pages of nearly illegible sketches but no plans.
The goal was to keep the bumper as stock looking as possible while making sure the winch was securely anchored.[/FONT]

Back