• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC spring pack bastard pack

jeepster_259

NAXJA Forum User
So, I just found a deal on some brand new RC 4.5" leaf springs.

My goal is to get 6-6.5" of lift in the rear. I am using revolver shackles, which supposedly don't add any lift (I know some people hate them and some love them, please spare the flaming on those, I got a good deal and want to try them out)

So, I currently have a RE 3.5" add a leaf. Will adding this RE leaf and maybe another 1 or 2 stock xj leafs to the 4.5" RC pack get me to the 6-6.5" height? Anybody have any thoughts on this?

I don't know if adding these leaves would help or hinder.

Won't flame you,just do yourself a favor and buy a 1" shackle and a shackle relocatin bracket and you will flex plenty and will not have all the problems associated with the revolvers..sell them and use money towards a nice set up..go to vendors section where relocation brackets are sold and watch the video that was posted there.. amazing!!

I appreciate the suggestion, but since I have the revolvers I'm going to use them for now at least. I want to see for myself if they are good or not.

I'm just looking for some input on whether adding the RE add a leaf into the RC pack will give it more lift or not.

Yes it will but that creates another problem.. (stiff) pack.with 4.5" leaf packs relocator and 1" shackle,you will be right a 6.25" or a little more, with good flex..my motto is spend money once and do it right!

Back