• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front coil clamp stripped

I'll go out on a limb- if this isn't a hard core wheeler, and you just need it going, go for it. The retainer shouldn't ever do anything, unless you're fully drooped, should it? As long as the vehicle weight is on it, that coil isn't going anywhere.

I'll go out on a limb- if this isn't a hard core wheeler, and you just need it going, go for it. The retainer shouldn't ever do anything, unless you're fully drooped, should it? As long as the vehicle weight is on it, that coil isn't going anywhere.

I'm thinking you are right, the spring is compressed by the vehicle weight. I'm thinking I'll leave it and keep a watch on it.

There is no access under it for a nut.

If it seems to be causing problems I'm pretty sure I can just put in a self tap. I was pretty impressed with them on my AJ's rock rails.

drill and tap, or drill it and try a self tapper. My only reason I repaired mine is to keep the coil from spinning, Mine would spin and become not properly seated, and rub on the inner c's. I'd have to flex it out or jack it up and rotate it to where it should be every so often without

I left them off when I first lifted mine 2 years ago and have never had an isssue with them not being there.

Back